1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell Prices at Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PAPAJAY, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAPAJAY

PAPAJAY TS Member

Has anybody been to Sparta Wallmart to check out shell prices????

2. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Taken from the thread Sparta today

Subject: Sparta Today.
    Email:
    Date: Sun, Jul 29, 2007 - 10:07 PM CT
    Website Address:

All is well. The East banks are ready to go and today was the last day to shoot on the West banks.

The local Mao Mart has a semi load of shells inside of the store and more outside. Gun Club's are $41.30 a flat. (Almost out of them) Remington Game Load's are $41.30 per flat. (1oz. 1290 velocity) Remington STS and all AA's are $55.60 per Flat. I don't think they will run out of them either.

The two Sporting Clay Fields will be open to the public during the Grand.

mc

Reply to the Forum Thread

3. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

FlaLagarto:
    Found on the previously mentioned thread..
    Subject: Sparta Today.
    Email:
    Date: Sun, Jul 29, 2007 - 11:57 PM CT
    Website Address:

"Remington STS and all AA's are $55.60 per Flat."

They also have Federal Gold Medals for the same price as the others, or at least they use to. ....

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Which of you are referring toprices of shells at the Grand? Is it not still a rule of having to buy new shells at the Grand. I don't shoot ATA so please pardon my ignorance.

5. setter

setter Member

Nope, don't have to buy your shells on the grounds and reloads are legal.

6. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Dave,

Shooters were allowed to bring their own shells last year. You can bring new shells or your own reloads. Gamileal is the source on the grounds if you chose to buy there or you can go to WalMart or as above bring shells from home.
    That was a change from the past.

7. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

Called last week, and Federal papers were priced at $68.00/flat. I went with new STS's just for Grand Week, at roughly $56...Tom

8. laura!

laura! Member

Gamaliel's on-line price for Remington STS shells is $6.50/box. Is that what they sell 'em for at the Grand? Does anyone know if they sell them cheaper because of the sheer volume of sales or are they making a killing?

9. bas

bas Member

I'm sure Gamaliel will have different pricing for the Grand shells than what their "box" prices are. However, I would be most interested in that price as it would be much more convenient to just get shells at the shell house versus running to WalMart for shells. Last year Gamaliel was quite reasonable.

10. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Additionally, by the time you add the sales tax at Wal Mart, Gamaliel's pricing gets even closer and much, much more convenient. Duke

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Support Gamaleil. Walmart don't shoot!

12. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Kolar-G -

Ever bought anything with a price that included tax? It's up to the merchant to pay the appropriate sales tax, it doesn't say anything about how (or even if) he must collect it.

Scott

13. PerazziMX2000

PerazziMX2000 TS Member

Papajay..remember that you have a new hat coming......!!

14. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

is buck shot legal. just got done drinking. lol

15. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Kolar G: No, I was not saying Gamaliel's does not charge sales tax-I was saying I thought Gamaliel's price included appropriate sales tax. I have talked with people who sometimes compare apples with oranges just to embellish the deal. Shoot well, Duke

16. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Loading special lite loads for GA this year given to me By a very Good person cant devolge the recipe but its marvelous load . Never shot anything so soft yet smokes those targets into nothing . Thanks Kgun

Pat Kelley

17. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

Do any of the shells at the Grand have the GAH printing on them like they used to have a Vandalia. I have flats of Grand shells from the last 3 years at Vandalia and would hope they still have them for Sparta. <br>
    <br>While waiting for a response, I called Gamaliel and they say the shells do not have special imprints on them and the price is $59.95.

18. bas

bas Member

Gamaliel's prices included sales tax and, there were a little higher than WalMart but not much...and as many have mentioned...it's the convenience factor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.