1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell Price/Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have been purchasing cases of AA shell from Dicks using their $10 coupon. Price per flat is $59.80 less $10 = 49.80 plus tax. Sales tax is $2.49. On the last five flats I have purchased, I have been charged between $52.18 and $52.30 and have not been charged the same amount twice and the clerks have not made what I would classify as an error. I figured out what was going on the first time, can anyone else guess?

Pat Ireland

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Pat: I don't know what your sales tax is in your state/county; but the 1st time they might have charged you the tax "after" the $10 rebate was given. The last times you were charger sales tax "before" the rebate was given?? Ed

3. zinger

zinger Member

we give up Pat...

4. BMC

BMC Member

The teenie bopper behind the counter was admiring your manly physique?

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

There are some things that you are just not supposed to know and if you do know the reason why its in your best interest to keep it to yourself ... if you get my drift ... unless your wearing your tin-foil hat, jock and shoe sole liners.

It also has to do with the gravitational pull of the moon on Uranus as to exactly what a cash register might do.

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

Where does one get the coupon?? Wish i could buy some,but someone went in to our dicks and bought every flat they had in stock.

bill

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Bill ... which store?

8. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

The same thing happened to me while buying shells at dick's, only for me, it varied by up to a couple dollars. Since it takes them forever to figure anything out and I was saving a lot even with the mistakes, I just let it go.

9. nipper

nipper TS Member

dicks around augusta, ga.

bill

10. DODGEMAN

DODGEMAN Member

My thought is that some clerks are scaning the individual 25 count boxes and multiplying by 10, and other clerks are scaning the case? maybe.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

The confusion arises because of the way Dick's register has to count the discount when you purchase a flat at $5.98 instead of the regular per box price of $7.99. The register recognizes this as a 25% discount and that makes the actual price of the $5.98 shells 5.9925. The register then calculates the cost of some of the 10 boxes as $5.99 and some other boxes as $5.97 and the number of boxes at these two prices is not consistent. The poor register has a hard time subtracting 25.156 % from the price of each box.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.