1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell Price increase at Dick's Sporting Goods

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joehunter, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joehunter

joehunter Member

I was looking at the latest sales flyer and they now list the case price for AA's and STS's as $7.98 a box. Last week when I bought a flat they were $6.98. I have no idea why the price would go up $10 a flat when lead is way down and also the demand has to be down as well.

Joe

2. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

I was at Dick's earlier today- AA .410's were $14.99 a box!!!!!!! Paul

3. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I'm guessing that ammo prices are catching up to what lead was a few months ago when it was at its highest. I think ammo will most likely take much longer than shot did to signifigantly come down in price.

4. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I was at a Gun Show last weekend I saw a brick of 22's for $54.00 I thought it was a mistake he said we haven't seen nothing yet. Washington is trying to get a bill passed for a ammunition tax 50 cent for (each) shell whether it's a 22 or a shotgun shell .

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Well, if there is a 50 cent tax on all ammo, its the end of the gun & shooting sport hertigage in the U.S.---If it looks like its going to happen I'm going to buy at least 100 flats of ammo, 2 tons of shot, 320 lbs of powder, & 100k primers---what for won't be much fun if I'm shooting by my self.

Lou

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Sounds like Dicks is trying to make up their profit from lack of sales on ammo. Blakester, you never mentioned what kind of 22 ammo you seen at the gun show for $54 a brick. $54 a brick is inexpensive entry level target ammo.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If they pass the Ammo ID bill you will be given a time period to have your unmarked ammo confiscated.

It will be not only the end of shooting sports but also the end of American independence. You will do what you are told from then on.

If you have a bill pending in your staae I advise a blitz of letters, calls, and faxes.

HM

8. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I believe before the shooting industry is reduced to levels never seen, the taxes on ammo, forced imprinting on bullets, and other shams will increase just like the techniques used on tobacco. I understand another 60 cent tax will be applied shortly on each pack of cigarettes. I am not a smoker but it was said many years ago that the non-smokers shouldn't care about so-called sin-taxes. We'll it didn't take an Einstein to figure out that apply the same methodology to another product and the smoking non-shooters won't care about the shooters. Those in power now have the votes to erode the Second Amendment, tax & license you do the point of just giving up (don't sell your golf clubs). What you can do is, if you are not a member of the NRA, join. The first law, I believe, will be the permanent Assault Weapons Ban being put back in within the first 6 months of Obama. It's foolish to think this guy has more important things to be concern about as all he has to do is sign it; the Congress will get it to him as quickly as the TARP bills. Darrell

9. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

gunsunlimited raised pxs on lowend winchester traplds at the first of year

10. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Are you freaking serious or just somehow maybe possibly mentally challenged not to realize that 2 weeks ago they were on sale for that price and then the sale ended and ... well ... they went back to the normal price they were before the sale.

They have been on sale at that price for about a month or two and the sale is now over. Kind of funny though that your complaining about there normal everyday price like it is some sort of huge major price increase of some sort. You are aware that the price you now mention is and has been the Wally World price for about 6 or 8 or even more months than that ... so buy them from Wally World instead cause they did not have any price increase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.