1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell pouch.....have a favorite???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tangocharlie, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Tangocharlie

Tangocharlie TS Member

Ok guys, i have used a shooting vest for several years but have also used shell pouches as well. I am looking for suggestions on a functional, comfortable and all around good shell pouch. currently I have an inexpensive $25 Bob Allen bag that serves its purpose but have seen some really good ones on the skeet field. I've asked at my club but wanted to get some feedback from TS.com as well. I do like the ones that have a fairly small hull bag w bottom zipper incorporated in the pouch. But would love to hear what you guys are using and if you like them.
    thanks,
    Mike

2. Not1/2Bad

Not1/2Bad Member

Buy one from Tex is e mail is tex33333@gmail.com all hand made look in the for sale section you will see his work, great product and the comparments stay open they dont flop shut

3. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Those skeeters have some nice stuff and wear some nice clothes. One my buddies is a skeeter and he has a leather shell bag with bead work around the outside of it! He says we trappers are tasteless. Lol.

4. Tangocharlie

Tangocharlie TS Member

Thanks, I emailed Tex. Anyone have any luck with the Beretta legacy skeet bag?

5. Tangocharlie

Tangocharlie TS Member

Straight 50, LOL. what I don't want to do is show up with one of these. Although it would be funny to see the reactions.
    [​IMG]

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mike.... You can't beat the guys at the above link. I have used them for several years, and, in my opinion, they are the best for the buck. I use the shell carrier with the belt loops, and the shell bag with the belt loops as well, in black of course....... Just my preference... Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. claybreaker808

claybreaker808 Member

Al Ange makes very nice, durable and exotic leather pouches and shooting bags. He provides excellent service and has a booth at the NSSA World Shoot.

Tex Hollis makes very nice, durable leather pouches at a reasonable price. Tex also fabricates pouches with custom logos, flags, mascots and exotic skin or carved inserts.

GW in Honolulu

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

This is my favorite pouch, built for me by James Fierros a few years back... a single compartment made from shrunken American Bison... top notch quality! Will hold 50+ shells...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

regards all,

Jay

9. Brad*90T

Brad*90T Member

Bluedotman makes some very nice leather shell holders. Get an inexpensive mesh hull bag to go with it.

Brad

10. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I had Brunson leathers make this for me. Over sized for a box with about an an extra inch at the top. Dean DeBow now does these. I like Tex's work also.

11. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

Shamrock Leather my friend ya can't go wrong.

Brady

12. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

My wife and I both have Brunsons.

The only complaint I have is that my two Brunsons, but not my wife's, leave dark smudges on my light colored pants or shorts. Not a big deal, a little Tide takes them away. But I have cleaned, buffed, rubbed, kicked, etc. both pouches and cannot seem to finally remove the dye or whatever that keeps making my pants/shorts look dirty.

Bob

13. Tangocharlie

Tangocharlie TS Member

I'm leaning towards this one from Tex

[​IMG]

14. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I still have all my pouches, and vests, but went to a Pavilion USA half vest/apron years ago. Light weight, durable, very comfortable to wear, inexpensive too.

Wayne

[​IMG]

15. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Al Ange is the man.

16. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

I shoot sitting on a stool and it bothers me to have the shell bag holding empty shells banging against me. Crazy right!! but then I am a trapshooter. What I am looking for is a mesh bag that holds 25 empties, do not like the solid type as shown in this thread, so I can empty between fields. Any ideas.

Thanks
    Ed Fish
    Racine, WI

17. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Charlie Becknell---I would like to have a shell pouch made like yours. How would I get in touch with Dean. do you think he Would he remember making that pouch for you?..Thanks..SMOKIT

18. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Ed:

If you have internet access... check out Lonesome Charlies... I bought a mesh hull hamper that is lightweight and will hold up to 75 hulls - feels like nothing with 25...

Jay

19. Tangocharlie

Tangocharlie TS Member

i ended up ordering a pouch from Tex, rust bison 2 pocket. thanks for all the insight and input. once again, Trapshooters proves to be a great resource and wonderful place to share ideas.
    Tango
    [​IMG]

20. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Tex makes great stuff, you won't be disappointed.

Search tags for this page
custom leather shell pouch
leather shell bags
leather shell pouch
leather shotgun hull pouch

leather skeet pouch

shell pouch

tex hollis leather works

trap skeet shell holder