1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell increase?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I work at a place that sells shells and yesterday a customer told me he had heard shells were going up another %40, Is this just another rumor? I have not heard that before he said It. Thanks

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

At the shot show I was told by a Winchester rep that the prices are stabilizing for ammo. Who really knows..

3. LABS4U0

LABS4U0 TS Member

I was told from my local distributor that his supplier has not sold one pallet, one flat or even one box of AA shells since the last price increase. I guess another 40% increase shouldn't hurt that market. Darren

4. spritc

spritc Active Member

Want to drive the prices down, don't buy any shells (loaded) for a month. Then let's see where the prices go. If all shooters, metallic included, would use up their inventory and not buy any ammo for a month, I'm guessing the manufacturers and retailers might get the message, but it would take all of us to quit buying.

Steve

p.s. I know lead and gas prices are driving some of this, but not all of it. Greed is driving most of it, especially in the oil business!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.