1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell Holder info needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Seitz231, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seitz231

Seitz231 Member

Anyone out there help me identify a shell holder number by manufacturer that a 410 hull will fit in ? What I'm looking for is something like RCBS # 26 for 45 Long Colt ( this is just my example, I pulled the numbers out of the air ). I've spent the morning on google but no luck there.

Thanks,
    Skip Dillin

2. Seitz231

Seitz231 Member

JoeE1- great thanks. Are 410 hulls going to fit all those listed or is the list for 45 Colt or both ?

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

dillin4 Do you mind my asking why you want a shell holder designed for metallic reloading for a shot shell?

Bob Lawless

4. Seitz231

Seitz231 Member

ivanhoe and JoeE1 - I'm really looking for 410 shell holders (2 needed) for my Pacific 266 to convert it over from 12 Ga to 410. I tried to buy new ones from Hornady but they don't have any and are not going to make them anymore. I tried to see if anyone on TS.com had a couple but no cigar there either. So to get what I need, I'll have to make it. Therefore if I can get the metalic cartridge holders and modify them a big problem of fly cutting the shell shoulder is done for me. That is kind of a long winded answer, but it's my store and I'm sticking to it.

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

A number years ago there were kits for shot shells offered for Metallic reloaders. I had one for my RCBS. One step in the shells at a time! It was slower and more cumberson then the Lee hand loader. But it did produce a shootable shell. If you could find one of these at a gun show or garage sale you might be able to adapt it?

Ajax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.