1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHELL HEATER FOR PAPER HULLS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by frey, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frey

frey TS Member

WHEN I FIRST STARTED RELOADING ALL THE HULLS WERE PAPER AND THERE WAS A HEATER TO FORM THE HULLS. WE NEED ONE OF THESE FOR THE RELOADING CABINET AT THE MUSEUM AT THE NATIONAL SHOOTING COMPLEX

2. skeetshooter

skeetshooter TS Member

I have one of the shell heaters you are looking for. Have owned it for 40 years or so. Used it for the Federal Paper hulls. Placed shell over the end of the heater. It would form the mouth skivs and melt the hull wax allowing it to run over the skivs. It is in excellent condition. Send me information as to address and arrangements to deliver the heater. (110 volt with cord) Dennis
    skeetshooter105@aol.com

3. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Theres one on Ebay right now 190105191190.

4. oldcop

oldcop Member

As I recall, these were called "Case Mouth Ironers". A friend of mine and I couldn't afford one, so we made one with an empty CO2 cartridge mounted on a bolt, and we heated it over a can of Sterno. I have some very old Gun Digests, and if you need any model information on them I'll try to look it up.

Jim Bryan

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

P. Big Bore: would you mind listing what you have along with prices and where you are?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

federal paper shell heater