1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell feed, mod's for Spolar & P/W

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by creeker, Dec 29, 2016.

1. creeker

creeker Active Member

I had requests for shell feed mod info from shooter's, so here is what I came up with.The pic's show a non breakable,flexible tube and wooden shell feed ram's made from compressed MDF,called a Victorian Plinth.These 2 items were purchased at Home Depot.The other clear plastic inserts shown were purchased on the web.Not shown is a 12ga tube which is currently being used on my loader.The drop in inserts go into the mod'd large tube and them you clamp,adjust and tweak it to your desired height.The 12ga feed ram shown has
    had over 2-33 gal pails loaded with it and the only failure was some dirt showing.The costs are minimal and are
    fairly easy to make. P1000620.JPG P1000621.JPG

Trapshooter thanked this.
  2. mike-sid

mike-sid Active Member

Can you post pictures all in place? Or video of it running? Good work

3. creeker

creeker Active Member

The mod's posted,show the way you can covert the existing P/W shell feeder and also the discontinued P/W shell feeder for a Spolar,you can see these in operation on u-tube with the P/W shell feeder,my posting show how you can change out the main parts of these shell feeders to load all the ga's but 16 ga,which
    would probably work,with the 12ga,IMHO,but I don't load 16ga,so I can't say,for sure?You would also have to hand make a shell feed plate for the ga's that you want,I had postings showing the shell feeder that I had mod'd [ I used a Dillon shell feeder for this ] back in June of 2016,but took down the Pic's as I changed up to a new laptop at that time.

bluesasquatch thanked this.
  4. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I'd love to see videos.

5. busstuf

busstuf Member

Same with me.

6. creeker

creeker Active Member

I don't have video's of the shell feed mod conversion,basically,what you end up with is one smaller clear tube to fit each ga,inserted into a larger feed tube that drops a shell into the loading
    assembly,so that the wooden ram can shove it forward into the loading position on sta 1.The shell feeder tubes don't care what shell feeder unit you use,whether it's a PW,home made or a Dillon.
    I used a Dillon,because my motor went out on the P/W unit and because I already had one from a prior mod,so it would have cost me about,a $100.00 and I saved that money.I do like the performance
    of the Dillon,although it holds less shells.You also would have to shim the top of the tube were the micro switch is in order to make the .410 shells contact the micro switch,on and off trip lever.Also
    you would have to hand make the shell feed plates for some of the gauges, that are not offered commercially.