1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell Deflector Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lyndon Shumaker, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyndon Shumaker

Lyndon Shumaker Member

I am wanting to try my Browning Automatic at Doubles and can't seem to find a shell deflector. I won't shoot Doubles without one for obvious reasons.

Shell catchers-ones that just catch one hull-are easy to find but can anyone steer me towards a deflector? It seems that I have seen them, they attach on top of the receiver and deflect the hulls downward??????????????

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Lyndon Shumaker

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I got one for a 391 from Tom Larkin last year and it works fairly well. Maybe 2 or 3 of you could go together and buy a package or buy a package and sell the rest on here.

Don

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I sent my Super X-1 barrel to Stu Wright. He placed a spot of weld on the barrel extension that slides into the receiver. The hulls hit this spot of weld and they fall next to you. My Super X used to throw the hulls well past the adjacent post. I believe the charge for this was only $40. The nice thing about it is you only need to send the barrel and not the entire gun. Hope this helps. Ed

4. Mac V

Mac V Guest

From maclellan1911:

<blockquote>"I to have been looking for deflector for my browning gold sporting clays, i have had no luck, I am not useing the gun much right now so i stopped looking. I was going to get the one for the beretta and modify it to work."</blockquote>

The link above points to a shell catcher from Brownell's. They have one listed for the Browning Gold.

Mike

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

A small round "bump" on the barrel extension is probably the best system. You can experiment with the proper size and shape of the bump by making temporary deflectors with a good epoxy. Usually a bump with a diameter of about 1/16 inch and less than 1/16 high will work. After you work out the design and position, a more permanent deflector an quickly be made with solder.

Pat Ireland

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The ones that I do look like this. I have done several Remington's and a ton of Beretta's....but, never a Browning. The placement of the bead is critical and different from Remington to Beretta....and one must be VERY careful when welding.

This is what it looks like before shaping-

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Tron.

7. Tron

JB weld is great for finding WHERE the nub should be....but, it wears off after about a box of shells.

Tron.

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

maclellan1911, don't sweat it, those are the pics of my guns Tron has. He does all of my work and must say most shooters of the clubs I shoot at as well.

Top notch quality and priced right.

The top pic is my Trap gun and the bottom is my sons 390 barrel.

Jerbear

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I just drilled and tapped a small hole through the reciver and installed a set screw, adjust by turning in or out with allen wrench. I drilled the hole just forward of where Tron welds the pin. Works great. Angle Port will do this for you if you send it to them.

10. Tron

Actually, the top pic is P3AT's gun, yours is the bottom one.

Tron.

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Sorry Joe, they all look the same.

Jerbear

12. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Another fine job by tron...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/25011928@N00/382339659/" title="Photo Sharing">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

angle port shell catcher

browning gold shell catcher single shot