1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shell deflector needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kalina, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalina

Kalina TS Member

I shoot a Whinchester Super X2 and don't want to have to worry about hitting the guy next to me with emptys. I saw a stick on deflector at the MN state shoot a few years ago but now I can't find one anywhere online. Anyone know the manufacture.

Luke Kalina

2. Rufus80

Rufus80 TS Member

Birchwood Casey stick on shell catcher

3. Kalina

Kalina TS Member

I have tried the stick on catcher and didn't care for it. I would like somthing that would work for doubles too.

Luke Kalina

4. Rufus80

Rufus80 TS Member

Google Tom Morton company they make a combo shell catcher recoil reducer but it is not cheap.

5. open choke

open choke TS Member

Tronspace does them also. They specialize in beretta semis but they may be able to help you

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You were asking about a deflector and everyone is telling you about shell
    catchers. "Open choke" told you about Tronspace. They install a button in the chamber that deflects the shell. However, there's alway one or two hulls that
    get thrown our farther than you would like.

The stick-on deflector you were thinking of is Carey, who make the Carey closer,
    a shell catcher, and a deflector. Don't buy it, it doesn't work. I've tried
    it, and I know a number of other shooters who tried it and threw it in the garbage.

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

The carey products were desoined for a specfic gun. They were never designed for a sx2.

There is not a product on the market that fits your needs.

The only option you have is to get somebody to weld a knock down pin on the barrel like on a stock factory remington 1100 trap.

The only catcher is the tape on job the guy above has pictured. They work but they sure are ugly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.