1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell crimp

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hehawboy, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

Was wandering sometimes while reloading shells I will get a few shells that over crimp and it leaves a small hole in the middle ,thus letting lead shot out of the shell, can i take and drop a little wax on the shell so it can stop the lead from falling out , also whats causing this I use a pw 900. Thanks Mike

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Wax will work. Then adjust the pre crimp station, increase the amount of pre crimp and the hole will go away. HMB

3. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

What gauge and hull are you using?

Pat

4. dhip

dhip Active Member

Sorry,I use a mec,it has a cam adjustment for that.

Doug H.

5. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Not to highjack but can comebody find the a link or scan in the a copy of the March/April 2012 sporting clays magazine(i think that is the right issue). There is a very good article in there talking about the importance of a crimp. I know we had a very long thread on here a few weeks ago and there were alot of different opinions. the articale basically said that crimping is not as crucial as we make it out to be. Basically, as long as it isnt overcrimped, or the hole doesn't let shot fall out, then you are good to go.

Edit - Its in the Ballistics column in the April 2012 issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.