1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell Collectors - A Question???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Drexel, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drexel

Drexel Member

I have 7 boxes of Peters Blue Magic Trap loads. I was going to shoot them up, however should I do this? Are they collectable or not quite old enough?

Thanks,

Guy

2. jbohio

jbohio Member

I have 3-4 boxes of rxp's that I'm not shooting and they are not as old .... JB

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

If they survived this long why shoot them. I have flats of Blue Magics unopened along with several 20 box cases's of Winchester AA and several case's of Remington Premiers from the early 90's

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Shoot em up, Blue Magic hulls make great reloads. HMB

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

shoot 'em up unless you have excessive storage space. There are very few if any plastic shells that have any collector interest. Even the 1996 Federal papers w/ the Olympic printing on them have 0 interest.

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

How about a box of plastic Federal shells from the 1976 Grand with the gold cracked liberty bell on it? Ruby colored see through hulls.

7. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

I have a couple of unfired AA shells from the grand from a few years ago. They are clear (see through.) You were supposed to shoot them and turn the empty into the winchester bulding to get a free T shirt. But i never shot them.
    Is there any collector value to them?
    Rick

8. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Toolmaker- That is one box that has some interest. Last one I saw advertised for sale was $20 or $25. Don't know if it sold. The other plasti shells(or Fed papers) from the Grand have 0 interest at the cartridge shows.

Rick- Some trapshooter that is in to collecting Grand pins and miscellany might give you something for one.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I hope there's no collector value. I shot up a bunch of blue Peters pheasant loads a while back on ground squirrels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.