1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell catcher

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by samiam03, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Somewhere I saw a black shell catcher with a release capabilities. Can't remember where I saw it. Can anyone help

2. JLJ0422

JLJ0422 TS Member

I'm not sure but I believe it depends on the gun TS offers a black shell catcher for beretta 391's w/ a release tab. Joe

3. samiam03

samiam03 Member

It's for an AL391 Urika 2. The shell catcher I remember is about as long as the receiver and is removable. The TS model appears shorter.

Sam

4. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

FlaLagarto;

You mentioned: "Morton Shell catchers has a flip down mode to let the empty fly if you don't want to save them.. or flip it down and catch the second hull when shooting doubles."

I have an 1100 and would very much like to retain both my empties when shooting doubles...is that what this shell catcher does? Or does it let the first empty eject freely and retain the second empty?

Thanks for any info.

Jef

5. samiam03

samiam03 Member

I found it. It's manufactured by Carey Enterprises in the great state of Arizona.
    A bit pricy - I know nothing about this shell catcher other then their claims

Anyone have any experience with this catcher? Sam

[​IMG]

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Carey closer,shell catcher, shell deflector is yesterdays news. Most people are using a TS shell catcher,and an Angleport, Briley, or Pure Gold closer. The Carey deflector is pretty much useless. If you want a deflector, you need send your gun off to Tron and he'll put one on.

7. dannyw68

dannyw68 Member

This one is not yet released, but will catch multiple shells on an 1100.

http://www.multicatch.com/

I emailed them last Summer and they said that they are still in the development stage. Judging from the website, this is still true. At one point, they had a video showing how it worked. Looked pretty cool.

8. JLJ0422

JLJ0422 TS Member

You can buy either the catcher with the release capabilities which is the same length as the catcher alone, only diff.is it has a release tab. I shoot a 390 w the ts catcher, and a 391 w release catcher both are simple and work great.both remove in seconds no need for the carey closer in my book. Joe D

9. Tom Morton

Tom Morton TS Member

On the Morton Shell Catchers: We offer a shell catcher and gas operated recoil reducer. Its called the Morton Automated Shell Catcher and Gas Operated Recoil Reducer (MASC-GORR). If you go to the following Website (http://tommortonandcompany.com/autshelcat.html)you'll find a page which will lead to you to other pages where you'll can photograpohs and learn all you'll ever want to know about this device. It is availalbe for Remington models 1100 & 11-87, and Winchester Super X-1, Super X-2, and Browning Gold. (All 12 ga. only.) If you have any questions please send me an email, or call our 800 number on the Home Page of our Webssite.

Tom Morton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
shell catcher
carey enterprises shell catcher
shell catch for trap shooting

shell catcher

shell catcher in trap
trap shell catcher
trapshooting shell catcher
what to use for trap shooting shell catcher