1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell catcher info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rufus T. Firefly, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus T. Firefly TS Member

Hi, I'm looking for a shell catcher that will work on a small frame Remington 1100 LT-20, anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Rufus

2. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

The best shell catcher for a ll00 is to have the barrel drilled for a piano wire.

Works for 12 gauge, should work for 20 gauge.

ed

3. GJB02

GJB02 Member

I have used a device similar to the "Save-It" shell catcher for years. I'm not sure if that was the brand name when I bought it years ago. It is attached to the side of the gun, just below the ejection port with two sided tape. The wire flips up when you want to catch the empties and down when shooting doubles. They say that it is only for 12 gauge but I use it on my 20 and 28 gauge 1100s (I haven't tried it on the .410). Just bend the wire a bit and add a layer or two of shrink sleeving to the wire for smaller gauges. I added three layers of shrink sleeving to the wire for my 28 gauge 1100 and it works fine. When the tape finally lets go due to cleaning or oil I just replace it with double backed carpet tape. The current ones come with a cut out so you can use them on guns with a side release button. I think that I saw them in Shotgun Sports and Nu Line sells them as well.

GJB

4. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

I didn't want to drill into my sportsman 58 (rem pre-1100) and found the morton shell catcher. At first I used thit only in single shot mode but recently been shooting skeet and it really worked great. The guys I shoot with were really impressed. Might want to check it out. Joe

"The Morton Mechanical Shell Catcher (MMSC) allows you to catch and save 100% of your singles and 50% of your doubles without removing the catcher from your gun."

http://tommortonandcompany.com/mecshelcat.html

5. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

A rubber band around the entire reciever behind the bolt. Large like comes on broccoli or celery.

Gets you to eat your veggies, and you are recycling the rubber band.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best shell catcher remington 1100

piano wire for shell catcher

piano wire shell catcher

sportsman 1100 shell catcher