1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell Catcher For Rem 1100 Competition

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootsome, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsome

shootsome Member

I have a new Rem 1100 Competition. My old (1983)metal T&S shell catcher will not let the bolt close without assistance. Will the new T&s shell catchers work on a 1100 Competition?

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

You could always try a wired catcher.

http://sport.birchwoodcasey.com/Accessories/AccessoryDetails.aspx?ProductID=a3b6fd91-0120-4bd7-a9de-b36c862f54b8

3. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

The T&S will not fit the Competition Synthetic. The receiver is a bit thicker and the various dimensions are just a wee bit different. The Birchwood Casey is the way to go..... Works perfectly and does not mar the finish......Larry

4. Brad Korando

Brad Korando Member

My son shot a Competition Synthetic for about a year and found what Larry says to be spot on. I used the Birchwood Casey shell catcher with good results.

Brad

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

What is catching? Can you Drimmel or notch out the bolt handle to clear the shell catcher?

6. shootsome

shootsome Member

It looks like the bolt handle is catching. You could notch it to clear if you wanted to.

7. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

The Birchwood Casey runs about $15. The issue with relieving metal on the bolt handle is the potential creation of a weaker spot that says "break here". The ability on the Birchwood Casey to simply fold the catcher down to shoot multiple shots is of value also............. Larry

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: is the potential creation of a weaker spot that says "break here".

I had a snap-on shell catcher break. The metal (just a sliver) fell inside the chamber and broke the Interceptor Latch Spring.

Had no idea what happened except the gun was messed up and no way to make repairs at the club.

At home I discovered that a sliver of metal was missing from the inside part of the shell catcher.

I use the gun for skeet also and shell catchers get a workout (on an off).

9. GJB02

GJB02 Member

I have used the "save-it" style shell catcher on my 1100 and sx1 for years. When the two sided tape wears out just replace it with some double sided carpet tape. I was also able to use it with the smaller gauges (20 and 28) just buy adding some shrink sleeving to the wire.

GJB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
shell deflector for rem 1100 competion
birchwood case shell catcher100 rem
model 1100 competition shell catcher

remington 1100 competition shell catcher

shell catcher for remington 1100 competion
shell catcher for remington 1100 competition
shell cather for remington 1100 competition