1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shell catcher for doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dickgshot, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I had tried the MultiCatch shell catcher for the Beretta 391. Shooting doubles it catches both empties - when it works -which until recently wasn't often enough. Finally, after a lot of fixes that didn't work, the company found out what the problem was.

They used a high speed video camera to see just what an empty hull looks like when it's ejected out of the chamber. That gave them the clue that a different ejector was needed. they're now providing one with the Multicatch. It only takes a few minutes and no special tools to install.

I installed the new ejector, and the Multicatch is working great. I'm happy and
    the shooter on my right is even happier.

Their website is www.multicatch.com

2. tincanman

tincanman Member

I watched the video and like the idea of being able to shoot doubles with an auto, especially for children but what happens to the bolt handle? Most kids need that larger bolt handle to open the chamber.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The one I'm using has a little handle attached to an #8 screw, but it doesn't help a lot. I need it because I shoot a release and need something that I can grab with my left hand to pull back the bolt and reset the trigger if I have to.
    You can grasp the parking handle, but you're right, a larger bolt handle
    would be better. They can't put one on because it would hit the hull in the
    rails.
    A youngster, or woman (or man) who isn't strong enough to pull the
    bolt back with the parking handle shouldn't use the Multicatch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

doubles shell catcher