1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell catcher for a Super X 1

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by harleypilot, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

I ordered a shell catcher from Wrights wrightsgunsmiths.com. I also had to order a machined cocking lever from Nu-Line Guns nulineguns.com. This lever is machined so it will not pop out of the bolt, and will clear the shell catcher.

My SX1 works great with these installed, but no, you cannot shoot doubles with the shell catcher installed. The shell stays in the gun until you remove it, therefore the second shell would not feed.

If the gun has not had the buffer pad replaced, be sure to do that before you fire it. If you call Wrights, they will explain this to you.

Your son is getting a great gun to start with. In my opinion the best auto shotgun ever made.

Jim

2. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

The cocking lever just pulls out, and you just push the new one in. You will see on Nu Line's site that they offer 3 different levers: 1. original, 2. one machined to not fall out, and 3. one machined to not fall out and also clear the shell catcher. They also have a very good gunsmith at Wrights who talked to me on the phone, and was very helpful on technical questions.

I shoot 7/8 oz. loads for practice, and my SX1 feeds them perfectly everytime.
    They have very little recoil, and are cheaper to load as a bonus.

Hope your son continues his enthusiasm for trap.

Jim

3. 27yd or bust

27yd or bust TS Member

I purchased a Super X1 a few months ago and just for fun I snapped a shell catcher from a Beretta 390 on and it works great. Try one on yours, it is made by T&S Steve.

4. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

http://www.clayshootingusa.com/readers/archive/nov_dec02/MythorMagic.pdf

The website above has a great deal of information on the SX1. I think it will be helpful to you. Also, the shell catcher I got from Wrights was also made by T&S.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shell catcher for super x-1

super x 1 second shell

super x shell cacher

ts shell catcher super x-1