1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell Catcher for 20-gauge Benelli

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ramjet, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramjet

Ramjet Member

Does anyone know of a shell catcher that will work on a 20-guuge Benelli Montefeltro?
    Has anyone modiifed a 12-gauge shell catcher that will work on the Montefeltro?

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

No and no.

These guns are are not to often used for trap, so the after market does not see any market there. You can only do two things, one use a rubber band to slow the hulls down, but it won't catch anything. Second, and best, try and find a good gunsmith that will install a piano wire catcher for you.

Tom Strunk

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=23143&title=SAVE-IT%20SHELL%20CATCHER
    I would think you could modify above to work. I know from trying to find one for a super sport that you need to either send the bolt for a trade in to TS catcher or have a relief cut into the bolt handle for one to work on the 12g. assume the 20g has the same clearence issue. below is the catch all on 12g gold

<center>
    <a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=100_0256.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    </center>

4. Beni

Beni Member

Roger, for about 25.00 you can get a wire shell catcher,it attaches to your reciever side just below your ejection port with a two sided sticky pad. I have used this on my Benelli Sport 2 for years, There isnt a inserted shell catcher availble for the Benelli guns. If you want to email me I can get you the exact name of the unit. You could also use a rubber band. good luck Joel

5. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

It should cost closer to $15.00, and its made by Birchwood Casey, it was made by Petersons years ago, had one on my monty, and it worked fine. Check MPC sports i think they have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

20 ga shell catcher

20 gauge shell catcher

20 gauge shotgun shell catcher

benelli 20 gauge shell catcher
benelli montefeltro shell catcher
benelli shell catcher
shell catcher for benelli 20 gauge
shell cechers for 20gauge beneli