1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell catcher for 1100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull-it!, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

I bought a shell catcher for a Remington 1100. Its the metal kind with the little arm you can put up and down. I would like to know if any body has any tips or tricks to making this thing work correctly. So far it just keeps the shell from kicking out and it just stays loose with the breech open. I do not want my daughter having to try and reach in and dig it out. Any ideas?

2. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with 28ga. finally took it off. probably should of fooled around with it more, but I was probably a fool for buying in the first place.... Wish I could help

3. Borderland

Borderland Member

Bend the wire up until it fails to catch the shell & then bend down just a little. Trial and error with the opening in the catcher is the trick....
    Adendum...the top lip of the catcher should be flush with the bottem of the receiver opening

4. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I had no love from the model you speak of, I bought the one that simply clamps onto the receiver. Must a simple piece of metal with a slight lip on one side. It seems to work, but then again, my 1100 deposits them just to my right slightly in front of me. Anyone getting annoyed should just wait their turn to shoot and not yell pull just after my gun goes off.

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I believe the shell catcher dcb_wvu describes is the TS Shell Catcher. I have one on an 1100 that I bought about 30 yrs ago. They work very well. They are still being produced and retail for $10-$12. There are models available for different gun brands as well. Try Googleing TS shell catcher and you will find them for sale at many locations. Marc

6. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

What is the best shell catcher that I can buy for the 1100 that wont put marks on the gun?

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

We use the plastic snap-on type on my son's 1100. No scratches.

Guy B.

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

four34,

Find a gunsmith that still does the wire method of shell catcher. These don't mar the finish and are virtually invisible.

ss

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Throw that piece of sh-- away and get a T & S. If you are really worried abour marks on the reciever, use a big rubber band

10. Squeal

Squeal Member

Wrap the T&S with black tape before you put it on.

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Drilling the barrel extension for the wire is a good option. It does require a little skill to do it right, but it works real well. The T&S shell catcher also comes in a plastic version. It is less likely to mar the finish. You can also put a little cloth tape on the back side of the shell catcher to keep it from ruining the blueing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1100 shell catcher
how do you put a t&s schell catcher on a 1100
how does the model 1100 shell catcher work
remington 1100 shell catcher
shell catcher for remington 1100
t&s shell catcher 1100
t&s shell catcher remington 1100

ts shell catcher for 1100