1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shell Caddy and Score Keeper

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Storeman, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storeman

Storeman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

New Concept in Trapshooting

Enjoy relaxed shooting without belts, shell carriers, hull bags and a hot bulky vest. Finally, a new concept in Trapshooting with the simplicity of free movement of yourself and your Shotgun without the troublesome discomfort of wearing all of the necessary accessories. Another feature is the simple method of score keeping. One row per post and any missed targets you will place an empty hull in the lid, leaving a hole in the shell case to always advise you of your score at a glance. Priced at $34.95 plus shipping.
    Includes a fully adjustable quality Tripod with a shell box mounted to a quick release base. Additional shell boxes with a quick release are 9.95.

View on eBay for additional pictures and ordering. ID 130761155975 or type in Trapshooting Caddy in Search field.
    storeman_2012_07073.jpg

storeman_2012_07074.jpg

storeman_2012_07075.jpg

storeman_2012_07076.jpg

storeman_2012_07078.jpg

storeman_2012_07079.jpg

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Nothing new about that, gun clubs all used to have little platforms for your shells.
    P.S. you shouldn't be counting, anyway!

3. Storeman

Storeman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

I have been trapshooting for over 40 years and have never seen the little platforms you are talking about. On the subject of counting, I did not mention this in my description. This is all about score keeping.

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Corinth, MS gun club has the little platforms. I like your idea though. If you are suppose to put your misses in the open lid, with my scores lately, the lid better have sideboards!

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The little platforms being described is where the term "Post" came from. There used to be a post at each position marking the individual shooting postions and some would place their shells on the post.

Good luck with your idea. I am sure somebody will like it. However, I fail to see how lugging around a tripod and plastic box requiring each shell being placed in its spot is at all more convenient than the other systems already in use(i.e. vests, shell pouch) where a full box is opened and dished right out of the cardboard box.

Trap Posts.........

grntitan_2009_2503370.jpg

6. Storeman

Storeman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

OK ... 320090T, you are probably one of those guys who go 100 straight on an average day. For those of you who do not catch your hulls, you can use the penny method. Keep ten pennies in the lid and upon each miss, you will drop a penny in the hole of the shell caddy for your score. If you run out of pennies, you probably need to take up a different hobby.

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Never had a 100 straight, wait, I did drop a box of targets and broke most of them. I have lots of pennys.

8. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

0   0   0

Sure I have shot 100 straight, I like my setup better.

catchingchrome_2009_201187.jpg

9. Clay Dust

Clay Dust TS Member

0   0   0

very slick

10. SB4J

SB4J Member

0   0   0

Interesting. I don't know how practical in snow or gusty winds. Having said that; I wonder if a metal box holder could be rigged up to take a factory box instead of the plastic. I'm not keen on the score keeping aspect. All the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.