1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

She found one, thx! special sporting clays

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Bill Roberts, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

0   0   0

I have a new shooter looking for a Browning Special Sporting Clays.

28" or 30" barrells, 12 ga.

Let me know what you have and I will let her know.

Thx Bill

2. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a Special Sporting, 12ga 30". Factory Adj comb. Wood has nicks/scratches, gun was a shelf gun @ a local gun shop. I cleaned the packing grease out and the gun hasnt had 1500 rounds since.

Does not come with box or paperwork. Bought it with the 2 invector+ tubes that were in it.

Lever to the wood, tight as new.

Looking for $1300 shipped. Email above.

3. Bill Roberts

0   0   0

Do you know the LOP? can you PM me a pic?

Thx Bill

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Guns Unlimited of Omaha had a special run of these made. ALL FOUR GAUGES!!! I have 12, 20, and 410 with 32" barrels, am saving up for the 28. :^)

5. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I had one of these in the hi-post rib model about ten yrs ago. I could just pound trap doubles, sporting clays, and skeet with this gun. Then I thought I needed an XT and traded it in...one of the worst mistakes I ever made.

6. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Have a 28" Special Sporting Clays. The barrel had some issues (external rust - interior surface perfect) so I had it re-blued at Glenrock Bluing. Wood is in very nice shape. Will sacrifice for $950. Photos upon request.

7. Bill Roberts

0   0   0

Blusky PM me a pic and I will let look.

Thx Bill

8. ALFkam

ALFkam TS Member

0   0   0

Bought mine in February from Guns Unlimited: 12 ga, 30" bbl; comes with invector choke tubes (M, IC, S) and 3-trigger shoes for approximately 13-3/4" to 14-1/2" adjustable LOP for $1,995 plus tax. Also purchased a Browning hard case(32"-bbl)due to receiver/stock accomodation and CTs (IM, F). You can also get a Gracoil adjustable comb for another $175 plus tax, as applicable.

Ask for Dan at (402)339-0771.

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Oddly enough, I can also shoot Skeet, Trap, or Sporting with my 12 ga Special Sporter. It is NOT for sale.

I know better than to sell it, it fits me better than any tournament gun I have ever owned.

The 20 and 410 are the most fun guns I have. The 20 will boil a bird with the right chokes. The 410 will not smoke a Sporting target, but it will break them further away than one would think. LOL

10. dhip

dhip Active Member

0   0   0

I have a Browning Citori Special Sporting Clay Edition.
    28' barrels,ported(factory)
    adj. butt plate ,set at 13 7/8 at the moment,will adjust another 1/2 shorter if needed.
    Trap dude pad
    Chokes,Inv. plus
    factory screw in-- im cyl
    extended Midas chokes--m.im.full,x-full
    carlson chokes- 2 full- extended
    one choke tube tool.after market not key type

Bought 3yrs ago at Cabelas,used.
    Trying out a BT 99 with release at the moment.Not really for sale,but,,as they say money talks.

standard wear,mid bead is missing,,,I didn't use it anyway.
    Bought it,like coach said,,it fit nice and was adjustable.Thinking of it being my doubles gun.

Doug H.

11. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My first sporting clays gun was a Special Sporting Clays with 30" barrels. I still have it and really don't want to part with it. Great guns for the money. I have a friend that claims he has had one rebuilt by browning 3 times. I don't know about that but I do know a ton of shells have gone through it so I really don't doubt it. I bought mine used in 1992.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.