1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

She did it

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

She beat me in a round of trap. 23/22. Wifes been shooting for about a year now, picked up her first gun at age 59. Her average is 81, mine is 95, she was hot, I was not. She's all smiles and I could not be happier.
    A new Browning XT that was fitter to her by the Country Gentleman made all the difference, she gets better every time she goes out. She also mentioned something about her using a Browning and my Kolar :>)

2. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Bite the bullet buy her the Kolar, she deserves it. Rick Gibbs

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Yeah, maybe a new gun will put her back down on the learning curve and you can beat her for a while longer.
    Then, every time she beats you, buy her another new gun....

4. saluki68

saluki68 TS Member

My wife, who started shooting about 4 years ago, made a similar comment about her 3200 (a hand-me down from me) & my K-80; now we both have K-80's. She beats me, particularly in handicap, more than I'd like to admit & has run 50 straight 16's. Tom

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Luckily my wife won't hardly touch a gun, let alone shoot it.
    OK by me!

:)

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Damn....what a disappointment! I thought you were going to talk about other things! Oh well!

7. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

At least it took her a whole year... When my wife and I were first dating, I took her to a gun club event where they had all sorts of "loaner" guns to try. I took her to the .22 rifle range first, and she was knocking down steel plates at 75 yards so fast that the guy pulling the reset cord started complaining that his arms were geting tired. Then she wanted to shoot a handgun. She wanted me to shoot first, to show her how it was supposed to be done. I shot a group about 5 inches or so in diameter, which I thought was pretty good for off-hand, never picked up this gun before... She picked up the same gun and put 10 shots in a group about the size of a half dollar coin.

I wish I could get her to shoot a shotgun (she's too afraid of the recoil and doesn't even want to try), but I should probably just be thankful that she's not out there every week beating me like a drum.

Congrats to the Mrs.

--Dan

8. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

Becareful about buying her a new gun. My wife was getting close to beating me so I bought her a "real" trap gun (BT-99). She has bee kicking my rear ever since. It's been 4 years now, and that sweet little smile is getting real old. Besides, cooking and doing the dishes isn't that much fun...

Bob K

9. leadvail

leadvail Member

Can't wait for that to happen to me jbmi.

Good for you ,Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.