1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shawn Cahoon completes Grand Slam

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pocatello, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I tried to put this message up last night, but it seems the site was having problems:

Junior shooter Shawn Cahoon of Pocatello ID completed his Grand Slam this afternoon at the Utah State Shoot by breaking 100 from the fence. He has been on a tear this last week. Last Saturday at Pocatello he won the doubles with 199x200. At the Utah State Shoot, Event 1, 100 Singles, he broke 100. Event 2, 100 Handicap, he broke 96 (from 27 yards). Event 3, 100 Doubles, he tied for high and took the Junior Trophy with 99. Event 4, 100 Singles, he scored 99.Event 5, 100 Handicap, he scored 95. Event 6, 100 Doubles, he took the Junior Trophy with 98. Event 7, 100 Singles, he scored 100 and took the Out-of-State Junior Trophy. Event 8, 100 Handicap, he won with a lone 99. Event 9, 100 Doubles, he tied for high with 98. On the weekend he had 195x200 in the Championship Singles to take the Out-of-State Junior Trophy, 97x100 in the Doubles Championship to take the Out-of-State Junior Trophy, and when I left with almost all scores in he was the lone 100 (followed by two 99s) to lead the Championship Handicap. It also appears that he won the HOA by a couple of birds over Texas shooter Robert Youngblood.

Shawn was the ATA Rookie of the Year a few years back, and has been on the All-America Team the last two years. He is humble, polite, and the kind of kid any parent would be proud to have.

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You are right Larry, Shawn shot very well last week. I was very proud of him, as I'm sure his father was too.

I asked Shawn if he was going back to the Grand again this year. He said that this year he was going to shoot the entire program. I asked him if a certain $100,000 prize had anything to do with that. He just smiled.

And again, I appreciate you stepping up and helping out with the classifying Saturday morning. Thanks.

Scott Hoover

3. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

Congrats bud way to go!

J.D.

4. Keith Uffelmann

Keith Uffelmann Member

Way to go. We enjoyed meeting and shooting with you and your parents in Tucson this past Spring Grand. We = Keith, Andrew, and Andrew's parents.

Keep on burning them up. Put the hurt on the "old folks." HA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.