1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shamrock Leathers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 686beretta, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

OK I don't think I'll buy a Bob Allen shooting pouch but maybe order on from Shamrock I understand they a top notch any thoughts or opinions.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The best. Great family owned buisness who hand make a great product here in the good old USA. They also stand behind everything they make and sell. I have numerous different products of theirs and couldn't be happier. I believe the son Bryan runs the buisness now along with his wife. You won't be sorry with their products.

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

The best you can get at any price. I have two.

4. tincanman

tincanman Member

We bought a couple barrel rest pads from him over the weekend at the Ohio State Shoot. He asked my wife and daughter if they wanted their names on the pads and told us to come back in an hour without asking for any cash up front. Nice fellow and nice products.

We'll continue to support Shamrock.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

good stuff

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

You will not be sorry that you did. I got one for myself and another for someone else. All are happy as hell with them. Great peole to deal with.

7. WJN

WJN TS Member

Hoping they get my order shipped soon - it's been a couple of weeks. Have a friend that has their products and they are very reasonably priced for the quality. Going to try their shell boxes and hull pouch so I am not carrying boxes of shells around in a vest.

Jim

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Shamrock makes a quality product... you can't mistake a Shamrock item... just be aware that it is a hard leather product.

I've won multiple Shamrock items - almost too nice to use... another vendor you might also consider might be Lonesome Charlies... their products are also very well made...

Jay

9. WJN

WJN TS Member

doggai: you should change your name to baddoggai... :)

Jim

10. notarget

notarget TS Member

I have been pleased with the Shamrock products I have purchased. Good people to deal with.

11. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

I have ordered Shamrock Prizes for many years ... always the best quality and the service ..well above and beyond... also have purchased things off them on site same service ... Great people!!!

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I had a Shamrock range bag that was given to me by Sootballs on here (and subsequently stolen from my car a couple years later). Sent it to them to have my name and I think an animal embossing put on (both of which were paid for). Had a heck of a time getting it back from them, and it took quite a long time to get it back (over a month if I remember correctly). Also received a rather terse reply to a question I asked them one year at the Grand in sparta.

Contrast that to Lonesome Charlie. My dealings with him have all been beyond exemplary, and he's always gone above and beyond what I expected when it comes to customer service. Consequently I've owned 2 of his pouches and one of his range bags, and recommend him to everyone that I can. His stuff is a little pricier than Shamrock, but the quality is a little nicer too, so the value for the dollar is roughly the same, but in my experience the customer service isn't even comparable. I don't really care for the style of pouch that Shamrock makes, I much prefer the LC designs, but thats just personal preference.

13. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Great stuff. Bill Malcolm

14. Franklin

Franklin TS Member

sent two shell bags to them that had a little age to them.(30+ years) to have the laces replaced. relaced , reconditioned the leather, returned to me for about a hundred dollars. i was very happy with the job and service.

15. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Been using Shamrock products since 1976, its sad that anyone has had a bad experience.But it happens. Better luck next time.
    Nobody is perfect. Not even I.
    They do make good prizes at the club. proud of mine & knowing that the Brophy family has made them , makes it very special.

Joe Woods/Ontario

16. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Member

Been carrying a shamrock bag for years. Gave it to Bryan at the Ohio shoot last week to touch up the finish and tighten a few rivets. He replaced some of the brass and recoated the bag with neatsfoot oil. Looks like brand new again.

Awesome product and service.

17. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Shamrock did a bag for me after a HOF handicap win at the 2011 NC State Shoot. I had them make it a memorial back for my grandfather....

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.