1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

SHAMROCK LEATHERS 40th Grand American Celebration

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lucky BB, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky BB

Lucky BB TS Member

The Grand American is right around the corner and this is a milestone year for us...

Shamrock Leathers is celebrating its 40th anniversary at the Grand American! To mark the occasion we will be having a party on Clay Target Wednesday Aug. 15th. Starting at 1pm we will be serving up BBQ beef brisket with the fixings and beverages. This event is free and open to all. We'll go until the food runs out! We ran of time to get a dunk tank, maybe next year.

Also, we were saddened by the sudden loss of trap legend John Storm earlier this year. We will miss his charm and candor. Its our understanding that the Storm jacket line is being continued on by John's daughter. I'm pleased to announce the Mary Hornyak of DK sales will be representing Storm Jackets in the Shamrock tent during Grand week.

See you and the Grand!
  2. PatMiles

PatMiles Member

I ordered a couple of items from Shamrock last week and was told that there would be a 6 week wait as all of their efforts were geared toward the Grand. NOT A PROBLEM! I hope the good folks from Shamrock have a super time and sell EVERYTHING they have to offer. I don't mind waiting... gives me something to look forward to.

Best,

Pat
  3. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

Same thing happend to me but I just cancelled it cause I'm going so I'll just buy it their.
  4. PatMiles

PatMiles Member

Must be nice! Have a great time!

Pat
  5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the Brophy/Shamrock Family of fine craftspeople. I bought mine in 1976 and it's got a ton of miles on it. I finally retired it but still display it. Ah the great memories it holds. Many thanks for providing such good products and service.

Here's hoping the kids keep things going. Best regards,

Barry Roach
  6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Congrats for the Milestone. Hope you can achieve another 40 years. We will stop in to say hi. A great family selling a great American made product.

Matt
  7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Congrats to the Shamrock folks for all their years of creating leather masterpieces.

If you have a bag that you won or that you had built by Shamrock, take a picture and post it.

FRedmon

The bag above was memorial bag for my grandfather Jim Brown. I won the HOF Handicap at the NC State Shoot in 2011 and decided to have a real trophy made instead of what I got....
  8. KennyRay

KennyRay Member

Best wishes to the Brophy Family on celebrating their 40th G.A.H.

I'll be sure to stop by and say hello and make a couple of purchases. Their craftmanship is top shelf.

Bryan is also a pin collector so consider taking along an extra shoot pin.

Kindest regards,

Kenny Ray
  9. 320090T

320090T Active Member

Ooops, I thought you said a "drunk tank"
  10. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Bryan & Lisa always do such a great job on our youth shoot projects--we host a 'youth-only' chain shoot in Minnesota and they create our High Over All bags, as well as items for our famous "Shamrock Shoot".

calamitysj_2008_3010141.jpg
  11. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Here's the custom bag they tooled for Coach, as a present from my kids and me. They combined his most coveted award--ATA Coach of the Year--with his love of hunting.

Shamrock did such a good job of it, though, that he refuses to use the bag. It sits as a trophy instead. Guess I'll be ordering another one.

calamitysj_2008_3010142.jpg

calamitysj_2008_3010143.jpg
  12. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Active Member

My regards to the Brophy family. I also like Barry have carried there bag since 1976. All the best to Carol & Ed.
    See you all at the Grand. Lots of changes , but some things stay the same.

Joe Woods/Ontario
  13. Lucky BB

Lucky BB TS Member

Hey Kenny, looking forward to our chats. Nice work in the Jersey Doubles this year. Maybe you can give me some pointers.

Mr. Joe Woods, my folks always look forward to seeing you at the Grand. They will there Tuesday and Wednesday of grand week.

Bryan
  14. moowho

moowho Member

won this last Oct.
  15. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

My parents bought my Shamrock Bag as a birthday present back in 1972. I still use it today and it has lasted all these years with just a little bit of care. I always put it away after the Grand and put a little leather treatment on it before I do so,

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte,NC
  16. bas

bas Member

First, congratulations to all of the gang at Shamrock Leathers. One of the trophies you always wanted to win was a leather bag from Shamrock Leathers. And, it so good to see Ed at the MN State Shoot and chat about old times. In MN and the Grand. Sorry we will miss the celebration, and Ed, thanks again for the invite.

Betty Sackett
  17. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Darn Bob you beat me. Had Barry by two and you got me by the same.lol My first was 74 at my first Grand.

Congratulations Shamrock Leathers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.