1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shamrock Leather Magnetic Gun Pad?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hunter44, Jun 17, 2013.

1. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Anyone know a source for Shamrock Leather Magnetic Pads? I sent an order to Shamrock Leather & they told me that they weren't taking any individual orders until Sept. I have used the square ones & the round ones made of foam rubber but they tend to tip if I place the barrel near the edge.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Make your own pad out of the same material that sign makers use for magnetic signs to stick on car doors, etc. Very inexpensive, can be cut into any shape desired, durable, flat, and will protect the end of your barrel just fine. Available at Office Depot, or online at the above website..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

I don't think there is another outlet for that item. I have seen kids leading their parents to the Shamrock tent at the Grand and pointing to the pads so I would guess that is the demand they are filling. Every kid at the Grand had one and they part of a group, 4H,etc.

You are right, the foam pads roll over and the barrel hits the concrete. That won't happen with the Shamrock, I have one. They will stamp you name on the pad for free.

Dan, have you actually used one those? I haven't tried the exact item you posted but the common stick on refrigerator magnets of that material with business logo won't work.

4. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I am at the Ohio State shoot, a vendor there has them. I believe $32.00? I will check tomorrow, If you want I will buy one and ship it to you! Just give me the ok.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

They will be at the Grand in August. The pads are $20 on their website so I'm sure that's what they will be at the Grand. If you can wait and you won't make it, I'll grab you one then. They are the most powerful magnetic gun pad I've ever seen. If the wind blows it off your barrel, you probably have far more to worry about anyway because you are probably in a EF5 Tornado or Hurricane. They are that strong.

6. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

SPACE GUN: PM sent.

Search tags for this page

magnet for shotgun barrel protector

magnetized barrel pads

over under shotgun magnetic barrel pad protector

shamrock gun rest

shamrock leather gun rest

shotgun magnetic barrel protector

trap barrel magnet

trapshotgunmagneticpad