1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shameless : The Show on Showtime?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Claymuncher, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Does anyone watch Shameless on Showtime? Frank, how low can you go???

It is all adult in the end and writers will amaze you with the question of how low is low. You have to have a very open sense of anything to watch it.

Poor Fiona?

CM

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Frank does indeed crack me up but I find it difficult to watch due to the gratuitous sex. Just vulgar to me,although my 30 year old son loves it. I'mt too old or he's too warped.

3. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

yakimaman : I sometimes have a hard time watching it myself but I do just to see how low they can go. Humor at its lowest parity, as with the two after that, Californication and House of lies are also good.

CM

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Depicts life in the rust belt for many poor dysfunctional families.

Sometimes I watch peeking through one eye, but I watch! It's like a train wreck, you don't really want to see it but... it's hard to look away.

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

It's an awesome show. Watched every week with both eyes wide open. I laugh and cry too...

It's not vulgar at all in my view--but real. In my opinion shows like Happy Days was vulgar in its hypocrisy.

Guy Babin

6. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

"Happy Days are vulgar in their hypocrisy"

Guy : Now that is what you call a deep view!

CM

7. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

british humour at it's best

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hey, the pony-tail white trash segment has to have something to watch. They ain't all playing chess, you know.

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

CM,

Oh for the want of editorial/grammatical oversight!

GB

10. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Guy : I agree with you if I can (or want to) grasp your depth is what I was saying. That is why I like Shameless, it cuts through all barriers. Thanks, now I will never think of Happy Days as happy again. LOL

When I was a little one my parents used to tell me while watching the Wizard of Oz, its only a movie, its only a movie and if your that scared go to bed. Non of us every did.

skeeter1956 : You no its in Chicago right?

CM

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Agreed willingly CM... I knew you got it, in spite of the errors.

The Wizard of Oz! Those funny looking flying monkeys did scare the pee out of me! Like you though I was glued to the tube every year when it came on, especially during that part.

I'd also cry as a little boy when Lassie was in peril, especially when the episode ended with "To be continued" That always meant she was in deep kimchee!

Guy

12. rd

rd TS Member

BUTTERFACE! I had to crack up at that one!

13. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Butterface yes............I would like to drink a few with the writers, it must be a madhouse when they are on a roll.

Lassie, I have not thought of that in a while, one of my favorites to wait for. It was special to wait all week for a show. I also waited for "Palidin" with Richard Boone. I am surprised they do not show reruns of that and the Rifleman. Most of the reruns now are junk.......

CM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.