1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shaeffer on Cover of Trapshooting USA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wdr-NY, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

I just wanted to update the folks who followed Dave Shaeffer Jr's run into the record books here on TS.com...

...I did a one on one interview with Dave that is going to be in Issue 4 of Trapshooting USA (mails out first week in October), as well as articles on the Cardinal Classic and the Eastern Zone Championships...

...these are the first three articles that I have written for Trapshooting USA and I'm happy to report that one of my photos is the Cover for the new issue as well--a shot I took of him this past weekend at the Westy Hogan's.

For those of you who are interested in reading my shoot coverage in Trapshooting USA, subscription info can be found on the website--just click on the "subscription" tab on the homepage or contact the San Antonio office at:

TrapShootingUSA,
    1100 NW Loop 410,
    Suite 102,
    San Antonio,
    Texas 78213
    Tel: 210 377 1117
    Fax: 210 377 1119
    subscriptions@trapshootingusa.com

Thanks again and all the best,

Walker

This is a photo that Christopher Vendel took of me, Rick Demerle and Dave Shaeffer on our third trap during the Singles Championship at the Westy Hogan's this past weekend.

[​IMG]

2. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

The umbrella hats are 3 bucks on ebay--I shoot with one in the rain and in the sun (to keep the rays off of my lenses) and they work great.

I joked with Dave that he should have white umbrella hats made with "Daveshaeffershooting.com" printed on the top... the perfect billboard.

He got a real kick out of that idea.

All the best,

Walker

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Poor Rick not only did he have to shoot right alongside Dave I hear that he was actually BETWEEN 2 of those hats. Hey no pressure there. Congratulations on your article and cover photo. Well earned recognition!

--- Chip King ---

4. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Chip,
    Thank you... Rick is a great guy and I really enjoyed shooting with him. I hope we get the chance to shoot together again very soon.

Walker

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Good job Walker, will look forward to your article and pictures! Hap

6. Chocolateman

Chocolateman Member

Walker: Congratulations getting on the cover, well done and I am looking forward to reading the article.

Thanks again for checking out Garret's 1100 on Saturday. It would have been nice to get together on Sunday @ the practice traps and watch him shoot and compare it against your 1100.

He had some issues (many) on Sunday during doubles with shells not ejecting.

We had a good squad, and they seemed to understand.

However, no big deal. He has gone as far as he can with it and as mentioned we are in the market for an XT. He has shot one and likes the feel of it.

And second congrats in order for your caps result on Sunday.

Good weekend all around and it was worth the drive down.

Cheers
    Phil

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I joked with Dave that he should have white umbrella hats made with "Daveshaeffershooting.com" printed on the top... the perfect billboard.

That boy needs to have alittle dignity....

8. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Phil,
    You are welcome. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family again. And Phil... a congratulations are in order for you, too--for your class trophy in the Singles Championship on Saturday.

Pheasantmaster,
    Its funny you should say that--your sentiments echo JP Manetta and Rick Demerle's exactly! Lol.

All the best,

Walker

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Walker, why don't you really style that boy up. Along with the white umbrella hat, dress him up in signature pink pole and lavender shorts.

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

And he needs a gold tooth with that, too.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

That's a "Brock-a-brella." Named for baseball hall-of-fame Cardinal, Lou Brock. Lou made about as much money on those as he did in pro-baseball salary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.