1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shade Structures at the Grand? Soon I hope

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by genet1, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genet1

genet1 TS Member

Hey All,

I made it to my First Grand and Loved it, But,
    why can't more shade structures be built up and down the line. I mean this is a high class shoot and the seating areas seam to large roll around wagons with a tarp for cover.

Just seems to me that there is enough money floating around there to build a couple a year. Maybe this an old subject and no one cares to comment anymore on this but I thought its something that could be improved on.

Gene

2. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Side curtains rolled part way down on the south side of the shade wagons would help a bunch, I would think. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Several state associations have donated shade shelters in their name......has your state association done anything?

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Is it up to the State Associations to furnish the WRSC with shade structures?

Build a fixed improvement on someone else's property? I don't think so!

5. hunter44

What do you care setterboy? You are setting back in ohio full of envy & jealousy
    because the GRAND AMERICAN isn't in your backyard anymore.

No one said that any state association had to furnish anything.....I said that some had.

Why is someone who isn't here so concerned about the shoot anyway?

6. Setterman

Got your panties in a not Hunter44. "has your state association done anything?" That doesn't sound like a smart ass reply?

You sure changed your tune in response to my post. You then said.."no one said that any state association had to furnish anything".

I'm neither jealous or envious. Could care less. If you are a representation of Illinois hospitality.....I guess I will stay home, and shoot the Classic next week.

Nice job of promoting the Grand!

7. hunter44

No setterboy, no one's panties are in a "not", whatever that is & I don't live in Ill or anywhere near Sparta.

I do get tired of your same old bitterness towards the home of the GRAND.

As far as changing my tune, please show me where I ever said that anyone had to furnish anything. Otherwise, you can just continue to blow your same jealous
    wind. "Could care less"? Then why are you on so many Grand threads when you don't even attend?

By the way how are you shooting at the Grand this year? Great weather isn't it?
    Aren't you happy for all the shooters who are having an outstanding shoot?

8. Setterman

Holy smoke....now your the Grand Spelling/Typing Police too! You must be really, really smart. I am happy the weather turned around. Hate to see anyone pass out or worse during the Grand.

Did you ever think that guys like you are part of the problem with lacking attendance in the last few years. I'm sure your warm, fuzzy attitude projects an overwheming desire to go to Sparta.

I can tell you're concerned. Don't worry about me. I'm shooting the 17th thru the 21st. Got to work this week.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

That's just too funny....the state of IL wanting private money to build something on their public land....especially in a state that's going to go bankrupt....hahaha...what a bunch of idiots!!

That request was received by our state association and immediately placed in "File 13"...

Curt

10. genet1

genet1 TS Member

I guess this is a sore spot,
    but its nice to here Curt respond so well to this.

State run and the state is bankrupt WOW how is this any different then any other state.

If your counting on those few trees planted through out the site to provide shade well we will be dead when that happens.

So I guess we will just use the wagons that class up the joint with tarps.

Gene

11. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

When did we start expecting trap shooting to be an indoor sport?

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

genet1...the state I live in had a large surplus at the end of the 2010-11 fiscal year....that's how some state's are different....it's usually referred to as fiscal responsibility.

When you elect a bunch of buffoon's to handle the state's money.....well, you know the answer as evidenced by the IL fiscal debauchery!!

But, I suspect you really didn't want an answer to a silly question as posed....

Curt

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Is it up to the State Associations to furnish the WRSC with shade structures?

Build a fixed improvement on someone else's property? I don't think so!"

Absolutely amazing you say this and then tell Hunter44

"Nice job of promoting the Grand!"

So tell us all how did your heart felt contribution promoted the Grand??????

"That request was received by our state association and immediately placed in "File 13"..."

Curt thats right after all how many of the shooter from your state go to the Grand??? So why should the State Association care if they have shade or not????? Truly it is plain to see how much your state cares about it's shooters.

Of course none of you Stirling upstanding ATA members care about the shooters just your own agenda to make the ATA look bad. After all they didn't put the grand where you wanted it now did they????

Bob Lawless

14. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

palosshooter_2008_170441.jpg

palosshooter_2008_170442.jpg

Here are a few pics of the shade structures that have been donated..Just a few pics..I am not from Wisconsin.They are very sturdy and will last a long time.

15. hunter44

Great! A shade structure with enough room for a full squad! Thanks Wisconsin!

16. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

ric3677_2008_030312.jpg

This is the one that Montana (Jim Jones, ATA Delegate) Paid for
    That's Jim hanging on the corner post.

Rick in MT

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Lord Above.

I once read a book by Adam Carolla called "In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks."

It just dawned on me that he was talking about Trap Shooters.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.