1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SG&R Trophy Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapat, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapat

trapat TS Member

I just recieved (online)my Sept. Newsletter from SG&R and was suprised when I read the presidents message regarding the trophy shoot that was held on July 17. In his message Jim Perry thanked Brian Von Gunton and Nicole for the great job they did in the kitchen and organizing the pig roast. That was appropriate. Any of you that were fortuate enough to attend that shoot know how good the pig roast was. Those of you who attended that shoot also know what a great shoot it was so I feel it is in order to thank Chris, Katherine, Pete, Terry and all the others that made the shoot itself so successful. Keep up the good work. It's a pleasure being able to shoot at SG&R as often as we do. Pat Christopher

2. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

Thank you Pat, for the kind words and bringing this to the attention of those who may not be aware of all the hard work that went into making this shoot possible. As you pointed out, if it hadn't been for the efforts of Chris, Katherine and the others, that shoot would never have taken place. There are some people on the board that seem very reluctant to give credit where credit is do, and would be satisfied to put things back to where they were prior to Chris taking over managing the shoots. Chris and Katherine both put in their own time, and money for some of the special touches behind the scenes that day. Hmm, that was never mentioned either, yet some of the board came out, ate, took credit, and left. On September 12th. there will be a membership meeting and it is very important that everyone come and support these people and changes. Otherwise, if left to the board, they are of the opinion that things need to go back to how they were, and as you already see, the hours of the club have been cut way back, and so will the events that take place in the future. Is that the direction we as shooters want for the future of our club? I think not!

Sue Ternes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.