1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sex & Shooting...... The Results Are In

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by docbombay, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

It all started innocently enough, just a bunch of old guys sitting around on the porch of the club talking about shooting. The subject matter of the hour was sex and shooting. The conversation went something along the lines of "at our ages, is shooting better then sex?"

After an hour of exploration the crew was pretty much split down the middle with no definitive conclusion. No surprise there as it has been my experience that trap shooters sitting around shooting the bull never agree on anything.

As some of the participants of this conversation are visitors to this forum I proposed a means to settle this discussion. I would post a thread that combined sex and shooting. My contention was that the thread would go "viral" and garner more views then any other subject during a specified period of time. Thus, I wrote that ridiculous thread "Sex & Shooting" with the bogus "tongue in cheek" poll. In addition, we agreed that the experiment would end when and if the thread gathered sixty-nine replies. It was the only number we could get everyone to agree upon, lol.

Well, the day finally arrived. On December 15th we hit the magic number. And at the time of this writing, the thread had gathered 7337 views. So what if anything can be determined by this little fun exercise?

First, many of we gray haired trap shooters may be old, but we certainly are not dead. In addition, we also have pretty good senses of humor. The vast majority of the replies were hilarious. Phil Kiner's post was an instant classic and gets my vote for "post of the year."

Second, some of the guys thought there would be some "fall out" from a few who frequent this forum and have beliefs that such subjects are best not discussed in public venues. I find it interesting that out of all of the replies there was only one post that was negative in nature.

Third, there was some pretty stiff competition. For a while, it was a close race with "Why you should use a Turkey Choke" as to which thread would get the most views during the specified time frame. I contend that this thread gathered so many views due to sexual innuendo and the subliminal message from the title. (hint... just substitute chicken)

And last, we just confirmed what Madison Avenue has known all along... Sex Sells. So to all that viewed the thread and especially to all that took the time to add your two cents worth, thanks for the fun ride.

Regards,

doc

2. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

It all started innocently enough, just a bunch of old guys sitting around on the porch of the club talking about shooting. The subject matter of the hour was sex and shooting. The conversation went something along the lines of "at our ages, is shooting better then sex?"

After an hour of exploration the crew was pretty much split down the middle with no definitive conclusion. No surprise there as it has been my experience that trap shooters sitting around shooting the bull never agree on anything.

As some of the participants of this conversation are visitors to this forum I proposed a means to settle this discussion. I would post a thread that combined sex and shooting. My contention was that the thread would go "viral" and garner more views then any other subject during a specified period of time. Thus, I wrote that ridiculous thread "Sex & Shooting" with the bogus "tongue in cheek" poll. In addition, we agreed that the experiment would end when and if the thread gathered sixty-nine replies. It was the only number we could get everyone to agree upon, lol.

Well, the day finally arrived. On December 15th we hit the magic number. And at the time of this writing, the thread had gathered 7337 views. So what if anything can be determined by this little fun exercise?

First, many of we gray haired trap shooters may be old, but we certainly are not dead. In addition, we also have pretty good senses of humor. The vast majority of the replies were hilarious. Phil Kiner's post was an instant classic and gets my vote for "post of the year."

Second, some of the guys thought there would be some "fall out" from a few who frequent this forum and have beliefs that such subjects are best not discussed in public venues. I find it interesting that out of all of the replies there was only one post that was negative in nature.

Third, there was some pretty stiff competition. For a while, it was a close race with "Why you should use a Turkey Choke" as to which thread would get the most views during the specified time frame. I contend that this thread gathered so many views due to sexual innuendo and the subliminal message from the title. (hint... just substitute chicken)

And last, we just confirmed what Madison Avenue has known all along... Sex Sells. So to all that viewed the thread and especially to all that took the time to add your two cents worth, thanks for the fun ride.

Regards,

doc

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

"STIFF competition "...now that's waaaaay to much information..... ;-)

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It took a lot of balls to expose a hard subject like this, but I think the results were inflated.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Wonder how many of those trap shooters who responded are actually having sex with female HUMANS????

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

timb99, as always, accountability is questionability!!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.