1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting used prices on TS.COM

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crossman, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crossman

crossman Member

I have sold several items on TS.com. I feel that the items I have sold were at a fair price and the people that purchased were happy with what they paid for the item received. I get a little irritated with some of the replies that I receive on my threads about the price I ask. So I was thinking that perhaps the price setters could list their names so I can check with them before I sell anything. Just list your name and e-mail addresse and anyone interested in selling something can check with you first.

Thank you, Dave

2. dshot

dshot Member

Good point and idear Dave

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Why would you care? I sometimes comment on prices if I have firsthand knowledge of that particular market, but nothing is engraved in stone. Different parts of the country price some things differently. Humpback Brownings are a dog in my area, but highly desired elsewhere, for example.

If your prices are too high you won't sell the item.

Get some masking tape and cover that part of the screen.

HM

4. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Whiner

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If you put it on this site, be prepared to take the heat. Everyone has an opinion of the worth of a gun or anything else. That's the American way. If you can't take the heat, go to another site.

6. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

It is your item and only your item. Do your homework and then decide what price to put on it. You will always have THAT person who thinks your item is WAY over priced but they have THEIR item priced right. DO NOT LET THEM GET TO YOU. If people are needed to do something on this site I suggest having people delete posts that are neg to someone selling something. Those people who just have to make a post to just wreck a sale is to me low and uncalled for. If you do not like the item or the price then shut the hell up and move on. Do not make a post. Let the buyers decide if they want it or not. To have others set a price on your item is just foolish. Its like someone going to your house and pricing it and then buying it myself or a friend. Its going to happen.

7. hagar85

hagar85 TS Member

Don't worry about the price-carpers. I have been in business for over 50 yrs., and I find that there are people who simply want to haggle. My formula: Decide what is the least you will accept for your items, set a fair price with some negotiating room, sell to a serious buyer, and ignore the complainers. If your price is too high, you'll know it soon enough. Good luck!!

8. BP348

BP348 Active Member

I've looked at several items for sale here on TS.com Then when I did a little checking I found that the items were overpriced sometimes way overpriced.

I think Hagars right. Decide what you think is fair you'll know soon enough if it's overpriced.

9. smartass

smartass TS Member

Dave, I just can't wait for you to post something else for sale here. It should be a riot !!!!

10. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Combo Beretta 682, custom barrel work by Wilkenson, 682 Gold E wood, immaculate!

$10,000 firm and you pay the shipping! Of course through your FFL.

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I have a ported H&R topper, Black and decker did the back boring. Gordy put a nice new stock on it and Liabs changed all the springs. First $3495.00 plus shipping takes it. Sorry but no pics available. John

12. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

John, will you take a new Seitz on trade? It was made by Wilber "Darrell" Seitz in Kentucky. Or was it spelled Siets? Can't remember.

13. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Only if it has a hi cap magazine and a thumbhole stock made by Darryl Weing, oh yeah, and it has to be all cammoed out. AND I would have to have at least a hundred boot. John

14. smartass

smartass TS Member

I just bought a really cool Rossi 2 barrel combo with 410 and 22LR. I paid $105 for it, but will sacrifice for $200.

15. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Is my Beretta over priced yet?

16. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Dave lets face it all of life is full of if You bought something Joe Blow could of got it for you wholesale Jon

17. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

THere are some good posts and on ocassion, some really good threads,

I get a little frustrated, to see a good post turn into flaming B*** S*** thred, don't have to thin a skin and if you get what you want from an item, grin an bear it.

You can always vissualize the bird of paradise flying up somone's..............

And if you got your price, laugh all the way to the bank with that happy picture

Al

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The problem with setting a price on an item usually is based on what that person paid for a given item and not always what it is worth ... There are people who will not buy anything unless they get it on sale or at such a reduced price its almost like stealing it and then when they go to sell the same item they don't want to give any price breaks to the potential buyers and in reality they don't have to ... If someone wants something bad enough they will pay whatever the set price is be it high or low and be done with it ... There is also a vast difference in the way some people care for or take care of their property and this can sometimes make a difference to a potential buyer ... When buying or selling anything its usually based on individual desire for that particular thing and the only right price is the one that someone, anyone will pay for it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.