1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting the field

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wyoharris, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyoharris

Wyoharris TS Member

Ok, I lost my notes. I need to check the field on a couple of our Pat Traps and cant remember the measurements. I have used 2 tapes to measure the correct distance to the edge, measuring from the height stake and another one from center of trap, but I cant remember what the measurements are-can anyone help? Or any other easy ways to do it? Thank you!

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

The height stake can be measured from Point B (10 yards) or better, from the 16 yard line (26 yards). The rule book defines point B. Nothing is measured from the trap machine. The trap machine should be placed in the house as far forward as possible.

Pat Ireland

3. setter

setter Member

Refer to page 55 of thr Rulebook, after you locate point B and the 50 yd center stake,each angle stake will be 50 yds from point B and 45 feet from the 50 yd center stake.

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Just in case you don't have a rulebook go to the link above and you can find and print the information you need.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.