1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting PatTrap field angles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MOP, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOP

MOP Active Member

I have an SW machine that I am having trouble setting the angles on. It has a new throw arm and new brush. I'm having to set the angle limit switch for left angles all the way to the end of the bar and the limit switch for the right angles in as far as possible to get anything close to proper angles. Also, it doesn't seem that the oscillation is as random as it should be (throws mostly to right). Any suggestions to correct this?

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Send me your phone number. I will call and explain it. Too much info for me to type.

Jim

3. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

We had same problem just couple weeks ago. Called Pat Trap and they helped us out. When the machine was rebuilt the T-bar that the angle magnets ride on did not get centered when reinstalled causing the the field to be off and mostly left angles with hard right being straight away from 3 at best. Centered the tbar and reset the field and all is well. It did appear that until we got the field set even that one angle was favored over the other.

Regards

W&W

4. MOP

MOP Active Member

Thanks for the info guys. I moved the field bar and was able to get things set properly. Strangely enough, when I talked to PatTrap about this problem earlier and asked about moving the bar, I was told not to loosen the bolt that fastenens the field bar to the machine, but that is exactly what needed to be done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.