1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting Comb on Combo Gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

What is the proper procedure for adjusting a comb on a gun with an unsingle barrel and an O/U barrel? Is it as simple as just setting the comb and the adjustable rib on the unsingle for my singles/caps shooting and then use spacers to set the comb where it needs to be for my doubles shooting?

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

On a K80, set the comb so the top O/U barrel shoots where you want, then choose the proper hanger to make the lower barrel right. Adjust the unsingle barrel and you're done.

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

It is a Beretta 687 if that makes any difference.

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I take the approach that you have 3 different events (singles/caps/doubles) and each may require a different comb setting, depending on what you like. So first go out and figure out what you like for each event, then decide if you can compromise and live with one setting for all three..or maybe one setting for single targets and one for doubles. It is very dependent on your personal shooting style and no rule will fit all.

I like a high shooting gun for doubles so I don't have to move the gun much vertically to hit the first target. But I have to concentrate on staying down on the second target so I don't shoot over the top. This works well for me because that same setting is high enough to be good for caps and singles. In the near future I am making my double barrel into its own gun and I will then be able to have two comb settings and not worry about spacers...so I might change my mind:)

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Set the over-under barrel's POI where you want it on paper using the comb. Then adjust the unsingle's rib until it shoots to the same POI. If you do the unsingle barrel first, you will always have to add and remove spacers when using the O/U barrel.

Ed

6. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Ed is correct. Set the comb on the O/U first since that is the only adjustability option, and then raise / lower the unsingle (2 adjustability options) to shoot in the same spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
adjusting comb on trap gun

adjusting the k80 unsingle

how to adjust a trap gun
how to adjust comb on a beretta under and over trap gun

how to adjust comb on trap gun

when to adjust your comb
where did you adjust your k80 comb to