1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**set screws in my comb**

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 7771, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7771

7771 Active Member

I recently got a bt 99 plus and i did not realize that the set screws on my comb are 2 different sizes and they keep coming out. What can i do? how can i fix this problem?

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think they should be 3mm. Both of them. They should not be different. Bulge.

3. 7771

7771 Active Member

No they are completely different i think one is 3mm and the other i believe is 1/2! is ridiculous!

4. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Can you wrap some teflon tape around the screw before you tighten it in? Be careful not to over-tighten comb screws. They WILL split the wood.

(Ps - thanks for helping me with the Post 4 glasses, I'm looking forward to them!!!).

5. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Try clear finger nail polish on the threads. Worked great on my Perazzi comb screws.

Matt Ski

6. 7771

7771 Active Member

not is 1/2 mm i believe but i was shooting and after the shot i found the screw in my box. its a big difference in size and i wasnt told of it when i bought it

7. 7771

7771 Active Member

ttt

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have an adj comb that I cannot seem to keep tight. ( I shoot a lot of big shells in games) Matt - your suggestion is worth trying. I really dont want to torque them down to tight so maybe the nail polish is what I need

9. 7771

7771 Active Member

its just a problem that messes with my focus because stuff is falling out and moving while i shoot and ill try the nail polish too and see what happens

10. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

cuban,

The nail polish was put on about 1 1/2 years ago and I have yet had to re-apply another coat.

My problem was that I switch comb heights between doubles and caps so the screws get a pretty good workout.

Nail polish seemed to do the trick.

Regards,
    Matt Ski

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.