1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

serious question re KX-5

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3357, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3357

3357 Member

I was cleaning the action of my KX5, after setting it on my bench to dry before reasssembly a "friend" decides to show me how to "adjust" the locking lug.

Before I can pick up a brick to throw at him he has turned the hex nut on the left side/inside action (stock removed). This nut regulates/moves locking bolt and also moves locking lever on top of frame.

Is there a way to PROPERLY readjust this or must the gun be sent in to Krieghoff for recalibration?

This adjustment nut appears to have a direct affect on the amount of engagement of the locking lug into the cut out on the mono-block below the chanber.

Any accurate guidance will be most appreciated. Jess

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've owned five KS/KX-5s and have yet to touch that adjustment. If it were my gun, my first call would be to Ottsville on Monday morning.

Ed

3. 3357

3357 Member

Thanks Ed, Thats what I will do............jess

4. DANFAM4

DANFAM4 TS Member

After I made the phone call, I would still consider throwing that brick at that certain someone who made those adjustments for ya.

5. 3357

3357 Member

Just to update anyone interested; I called Kreighoff this am and their gunsmith walked me through the process to recalibrate and fix the problem without sending the gun in. Very easy fix. GREAT service and care from the gunsmith and a happy ending. jess

6. 3357

3357 Member

With barrels NOT attached to reciever turn screw until top latch is dead center with a VERY SLIGHT bias to the right. That is all. Subjective but effective...... jess

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Thanks for the informative update, Jess.

Ed

8. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

3357: Call Braxton at Ottsville and Talk directly to him tell the girl that answers the phone you have a problem he will help you he is an ace. Pat.

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

MX2005, do me a favor and change your handle. If you don't I'll squeal to Braxton, he'll tell Betty, she'll tell Dieter and you'll be permanently barred from Ottsville. Just kiddin'!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.