1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by schill, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schill

schill TS Member

I recently posted a thread about guns for sale. I added serious inquiries only at the end because I am extremly busy and it takes me a lot of time and effort at the end of a long day to send pictures. I did send pictures to several who requested them and got every excuse imaginable, from "I don't have the money right now", to "My wife won't let me". What part of serious inquiries only don't people understand. Having the funds would be an important part of buying a gun wouldn't it?

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Some people just use any excuse as opposed to telling you that they are not interested for any other reason that might hurt your feelings ... We are very sensitive to other peoples feelings and sometimes hide the truth rather than offend a person by telling them what we really think about the price, condition, etc ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

And then again, there are those that just ask for pics of anything that is for sale. It is the same for everything. I have an old 93 explorer for sale for $1,200.00. Price clearly marked on 4 windows, unlocked so that anyone can look inside to see the odometer reading, and of course a phone number. Had a guy just yesterday that went by and looked it over, called me and asked me a hundred questions, set a 4:00 time for a test drive. 4 rolls around, I drive the 18 miles to get to the explorer,(my fault for living so far out of town), he is there, asked me the same questions again, does not even test drive it and says that his wife would kill him if he bought it. Go figure.

Lookieloo.

John

4. trap41

trap41 TS Member

It's a way to con you into sending them the photos. Having a look at what you have for sale. Woo aah wooh ahh.

Similar to the reason why traffic slows down to look at an accident. Curiosity is a human trait.

But tricking people and wasting their time is inconsiderate and part of business.

Trap 41

5. smartass

smartass TS Member

My suggestion is not to advertise products on a "discussion" forum if you don't want the chaff with the wheat. To paraphrase you, shill, what part of "discussion" don't you understand?

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

As mentioned.....Just give a shout. Happy Fourth.......

Put your pictures here and no time consuming emails for you from not serious buyers. A price is also very nice. Ray.......(ö¿ö).......???

7. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Schil,

Relax and enjoy your 4th. Instead of bitching on BS.com how about you reflect and give thanks for those who are over seas fighting for your freedom to be able to send emails with pics to people and sell things on ts.com. I dont know you but I am pretty sure you are a whiner of a person. I might suggest hanging a sign at your club with the gun for sale. YOu will get asked the same questions there as you do on here. Again, just relax :)

Forrest

8. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

I don't even bother reading "for sale" postings unless they have pictures attached to the posting. That goes for all internet sites, not just TS.com. Digital cameras are super cheap and it takes 15 minutes to register at photobucket and learn how to post a picture.

Posting an ad on TS is free. Posting an ad with a picture attached is also free. Takes an extra 5 minutes to post the picture and you might get 5-10,000 people looking instead of just 10 or 15 that get your follow-up email.

Tumbleweed

9. schill

schill TS Member

Literalist,your response makes no sense. My post has nothing to do with answering questions or how much it didn't cost me to post. trap 41 hit it on the head with his last line. Guys like literalist ruin this site for so many others, you can't wait to respond negativly to every post you read. take the time to read and understand before you respond LOSER. The point is serious inquiries would mean actually having the funds or permission from your wife or whoever. Not asking for pictures for the sake of looking. As far as baby ass goes, you are one of the biggest babies or should I say pussies out there. Sit at your computer and respond like a tough guy, you wouldn't have the balls to respond face to face I can guarantee. The rest of you thanks for the response

10. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

i have bought and sold a few guns on here and uderstand what you mean when people ask 30-40 questions then back out. Yo uget frustrated because everytime you think you "have" the guy, something happens.

When I have somethign for sale, I will post a bunch of pictures, and complete description, and the asking price. I wil tyr to come up with every question that I can possibly answer right in with the ad.

It may take some time in the beginning but in the long run you save yourself a bunch of agony.

I have no idea what you had for sale but if you post as ad "Krieghoff trap gun for sale serious inquiries only" you are not giving anyone details. Who know what the hell you have and for what price.

Be as descriptive as possible is my advice!! Good Luck

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Literalist, you are sounding more and more like a Missourian every day lol.

Schill, The very easiest way to avoid sending two dozen pics is to just post them right on here with the for sale ad. You will be time ahead in the long run.

Now, onto new business. I have for sale a complete pictorial list of each and every gun that has ever been put up for sale on ts.com within the last 17 years. Price is $5,000.00 serious buyers only, and NO, I will not send pics. Just send me the 5 grand and you will get your just rewards.

John

12. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Schill,

As an older student of boxing, I offer some advice:

Don't lead with your chin!

Danny

13. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Some people have nothing better to do than waste the time of others. It doesn't matter whether you say serious or not. If it was a million dollars, you would still get a welfare check recepient asking for information. That's just the way it is. No reason to get so upset about it. There's always the chance that all your time spent just may pay off though. Have to take the good with the bad. It's not so hard to send pics anyhow, so I really don't get why you make such a fuss.

14. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Where to start.....

Admiral Art, this shipping will be an extra $895.36 because I will have to have a new computer and it will probably burn up my dial up. The file is so HUGE that it will take about 3 months to upload it. Yes they are all color, the size is 194,571,001. As you can see it is quite extensive.

bfd, I have never viewed them so I can not verify that there is even anything on there, carrot empire! And as for trades, add $10.00 for each pic that you want to trade for. Oh, and don't worry about your wife, your pic trading will be the LAST thing that we will be doing lol.

John

15. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Jerry, my 16 (now 18 year old) has went through one and this is the second one so it did it's job. Thankfully. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.