1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Serial numbers!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 7771, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7771

7771 Active Member

i just took my gun apart and glanced at the serial number on the barrel and the serial number on the iron and they don't match at all!!

2. sebaka

sebaka Member

That happens a lot after the guns leave the factory. Barrels are often fit to other receivers with a different serial number.

3. 7771

7771 Active Member

yeah ive seen it happen many times i just never payed attention to it till now

4. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

What kind of gun ? Barrels in Perazzi combo's O/U barrels are one digit different than single barrels as a set....single barrel matches reciever #'s as first barrel and O/U barrel as second barrel, plus one digit. Info. per Perazzi.

5. 7771

7771 Active Member

beretta 682

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Not a big deal if the barrel are properly fitted.

Here're two barrel #s been filled and re-stamped (legally) to match receivers, probably sellers tried to sell the guns to certain buyer for more. My gunsmith can do this for $200.

View attachment 248720

This is a perfect example showing how meaningless is to insist on matching barrel #s , did those people check their engine & transmission #s match? LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.