1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Serendipity

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

It all started when friend #1 wanted to buy a trap gun I have (TM-1). To buy it friend #1 would have to sell his trap gun first. He brought it to the club thinking I might be interested in taking a trade. I was not. Friend #2 saw friend #1's gun and wanted to buy it but would have to sell a gun first. So #2 brought three guns to the club and displayed them for sale. Friend #3 took a strong interest in one of #2's guns and had to have it, but he had to sell a gun first. I saw the gun #3 wanted to sell and had to have it so I bought it outright for cash. #3 went straight to #2 and bought his gun. #2 is now most of the way toward buying from #1 yadayadayada!!! In any event, this is the gun I ended up with. Colt 1911 Polished SS Officer's 45 ACP with box and papers. I had no intention of buying a gun that day but it was love at first sight. My buying it started a chain reaction that will probably end up with all friends having a new gun and eventually my trap gun will also be sold. Marc

luvtrapguns_2009_190610.jpg

2. Dr A C Jones

Dr A C Jones Member

What you have just demonstrated is the importance of liquidity. It was you cash and your willingness to spend it that made it all happen.

BTW, I always liked the Commander and Officer models too.

Andrew.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I love it when a plan comes together. Nice going. Bulge.

4. revbook

revbook Member

Believe it or not....I was able to follow that story. Well written!

Don

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Don, Thanks. It was fun reliving it. The whole scenario took place over just two weekends. Marc

6. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Sounds like everyone left happy. Who doesn't love a happy ending?

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.