1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sequester: Bring it ON!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by coyote1234, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coyote1234

coyote1234 Member

I can't wait for the sequester. It is about time the pigs at the public trough squealed for a while. Who says gridlock in Washington does not work?

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I think I heard right "the amount of the sequester is similiar to saving 25 cents in a $100,000 budget".

Oh boy we're really cutting the hell out things aren't we!

tigman46, I wish your family well, but ALL of us should feel the cuts and they should be deeper. I don't like the defense cuts, but that's what was negotiated and it's a starting point.

I would rather cut politician's pay and bennies. Govern by example!

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

They should cut all the pols pay and bennies then move on from there, hope you can survive the cut Tigman, but there needs to be cuts, and the first place they need to start is the entitlements, and no SSA and Medicare aren't entitlements they were paid for by the worker, cut the dead weights welfare

If they riot, there would be less of them when the riots end

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Some politicians are returning money to the treasury as an example of how the government should cut expenses. See: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/21/rand-paul-returns-more-money-to-treasury/

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

On Greta last night a Washington Post reporter (can't remember his name) was stating that this "cut" is a cut on the increase,,,,,,seems to me a cut should be from CURRENT year expenditures,,,,,,not the imaginary budget.......

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

BDT, accountants are as good as lawyers at clouding what is honestly going on

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

It's amazing how much doom & gloom over reducing spending increases. This cuts not a penney from the current debt. When you see the way Obama demonizes the other politial party, this country will never be able to deal with the real problem of the national debt. What most of us don't realize is that our generation will be the most hated generation as we are passing a sh$t situation to the next generation. I believe this country's best days are behind us and the prospect for the good ole days returning is not realistic. It's certainly not all Obama's fault but he has fastracked out downfall by the crazy spending without any solutions to deal with the deficit. It is also disturbing to have communist China hold any of our debt as these people are not our friends. Also, most of the cutbacks should come from other than the Defense Dept. as when was the last time Dept. of Labor, Commerce, Energy & E.P.A. has done anything really beneficial? BT100dc

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I agree ctreay, but it isn't foreign aid, it's extortion. We're paying these creeps not to cause us problems. Sometimes it works.

Bob Falfa

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The fix is in. HMB

10. tammike

tammike Member

Fraud, waste and abuse is toxic in all levels of government. Everyone wants to "clean it up" until they get there and see how easy it is to milk the cash cow. If people could only find it in their heart to remain ethical instead of greedy we the people can staighten this mess out. One problem we could fix right away is the fact that if you don't use your budget you lose it. Government enities could actually save money for future projects instead of throwing it away on over-priced little projects for someones personal agendas.

11. burtona

burtona Member

I'm having trouble understanding any down side to the spending cuts. If lots of government employees get layed off that's a good thing. There is lots too many of them we pay for doing crappy work or work that doesn't need doing.

12. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I agree the government workforce can be significantly reduced, but there are plenty of the federal government jobs that I personally don't want to see cut such as: CDC Doctors/Scientists, Food Inspectors, Anything to do with aviation, Docs, Nurses, Techs, aides, etc. at the VA, anyone dealing with our nuclear plants and weapons in this country (many more civilians than military..), NOAA, I kind of dig knowing in advance of tornado's, etc.., probably just me, I sort of like DOT inspections on our highways and bridges, lots of stretches of highways suck, but seems to me it would be even worse if there were no inspections to hold GOVERNMENT CONTRACTORS feet to the fire.

I like our national parks and the staff that keep them up. Plenty of other federal services that I as a U.S. citizen benefit from like the Forest service, God bless those souls that do everything they can to keep our wilderness safe and fight fire!

Anyways, I agree, we need drastic cuts in our spending and it will hurt all over.. Way too many civilian contractors sucking at the tit of tax payers! Get our military back to guarding bases, and working construction projects.

I have been on 9 military installations over the past couple years and I can't believe the amount of civilian contractors building homes, or paving roads, etc!

We should probably get tough on the medicare,medicade, and social security...

I have a family member that was born with mental and physical disabilities, this 36 year old man gets social security, and medicare and has not deposited one penny into those programs. I love the guy, but how is that fair?

Why do old ladies who were just housewives get part of their husbands social security and become eligible for medicare?

Obviously I am being sarcastic and am only trying to make the point that our laws and social programs have gotten so out of control, that there are few in this country that would not be affected by massive cuts to the current budget.

With that being said, the budget has to be cut, but that has to include social security, medicare/Medicaid, etc., for those that have never paid a penny into the system, oh yal, Obamacare squashes that alternative!

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Just heard this on Megan Kelly's show, interviewing a guy about the "sequester"

"its a decrease in the Increase of projected spending"

14. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

This sequester is originally the White Houses idea in hopes of making the Republican party look bad if they don't give in to Obama's spending. It has worked twice now and maybe finally The Republicans will grow a pair and say "enough is enough, no more".

We all are going to feel the cuts but the alternative will hurt more.

15. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

So the bottom line is this...

Your not going to loose anything, you just won't get more?

16. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pelosi's bar tab is going to be reduced!

I have heard it both ways. But, they are going to have to cut down on this wasteful spending. The WSJ reported that the payroll tax has hit people pretty hard already, and along with the 50-60 cent increase in gas, the pinch is on. Walmart and some other big stores have already started to change their shelve's content, in anticipation of people not having as much disposable income.

But I doubt it will hurt the politicians.

17. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Sequester is not cutting anything.It is reducing the rate of growth.It is a start and the dems know it.They are terrified.I'll bet it has been a long time since any budget for anything has actually been cut.When the sky doesn't fall it will really be a problem for the left.

Darr

18. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

How about converting the ATF from a Govt Agency to a convenience store?? Think about making it profitable instead of a sucking chest wound on the taxpayer!

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'm with Coyote.

Do the people associated with gubmint _really_ think they're the only ones having their source of revenue decreased by factors they have no control over?

Time for them to come out and join us in the real world.

20. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

They have to cut the Military so DHS can practice their "Zombie" attack repulse technique's!!!

FOX showed the clip this morning!!

I think the feds could find 20% easy, to cut just in stupidity like Zombie practice!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.