1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

September 2007 Trap & Field Content

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BIGDON, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why don't you ask them before trashing the Mag. on here. I can think of many variables that would have affect on the article. How are they ignoring their core members?? Are they writing about skeet shooters or something else?

Maybe your self importance has been damaged by lack of attention.

Maybe they are writing about more of their core members in other states and smaller shoots.

Get over it.

Don

2. k80cmbo

k80cmbo TS Member

Trap and Field can only print what is sent to them. The first time I shot well enough to have my picture in Trap and Field I could not wait to get the Mag.I said to myself.People are going to know who I am.I'm going to be somebody.Well,I got the magazine in the mail.I found the page with my picture,and, to my horror.There's my picture with someone eles's name under it.Dame,I'm still a nobody.

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

BIGDON- I'll play devil's advocate here....How do you know that the individual didn't pose for picture(s) and an interview for the magazine? Why do you seemingly assume the worst in a person who you may or may not know anything about. Ever heard of "If you can't say anything good about a person don't say anything at all."? If I shot that well in a big shoot I'd be disappointed by not having my picture in the mag too. 3dhc has already shown that the coverage of the shoot has dwindled in the past couple of years. This man is (appearently) not a chronic whiner, why would you dog him out? Just curious.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Like it or not, Big Don's got a point. Did the original poster contact T&F to find out why he didn't make the mag, or did he just come on here and post while assuming it was a T&F issue?

I don't think T&F has the staff to cover every shoot on-site, and so reporting duties fall to shoot management. Usually someone at the club has the responsibility for writing the article/submitting the photos. It's not the New York Times, after all.

In a former life I worked at a small newspaper. With an even smaller staff, there was no way we could be multiple places at the same time, so we had to rely on those interested in coverage to help us get the info we needed.

Like with most things in our sport, it's probably handled by a volunteer. That means if you don't like how it's being done there's probably a good chance you can be put in charge of changing it for the next time.

Scott

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Would somebody please take a picture of him and pat him on the back...hurry!!

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Congratulations Butch, good shooting!

7. 3DHC

3DHC Member

I knew when I started the thread, I would have some pro's and con's and it seems as if the con's outnumber the pro's and I do respect the opinions of all the posters. While I did some serious wining that in itself really doesn't mean a lot one way or the other, the relevant underlying issue remains that Trap & Field's coverage of State events (not just California), for whatever reason, is materially less than in the past and that the magazine content is shrinking overall.

Buy the way I did get my picture taken and had a lot of pats on the back from by buddies and many others. I also got a punch back to the 27 yard line again except this time there are no reductions on the horizon for two (2) years irrespective of my scores.

Butch

8. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

3DHC -
    Great shooting! I also won my yardage class on the 1st and got bumped a yard with a 97. It is weird that not even Kingsburg Gun Club has posted any scores or pics for that week-end as they usually do. Nothing on CGSTA either! Hey! At least we got the buckle and the "boot"!

Andy

9. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

Butch:

Good job, Sir. And I agree that you should get some form of recognization but I agree with others that T&F is not to blame. It is usually the clubs or a delegate that sends in the information.

One time I was the lone 200-straight in singles in horrible weather. Six words in T&F commerated this milestone, "Alex Ragulsky shot the lone 200." But the next day seven of us including a club favorite shot 100 straights. The shoot off was embarassingly short with all but the favorite dropping one bird in the shoot off. Guess what? Headlining the article in bold print was the lone 100 straight's name plus a big hoopla about the shoot off.

Since then I have come to learn that it's not what is written or what is said but rather how you feel. And I think that you have sufficient right to feel pretty good about yourself. Your friends and family feel the same way for you too, I'd bet.

Lacking popularity mostly because I am not smart enough to be "politically correct" or in some cases even polite to those who have the power I take my consolance in knowing that I shot the best I could.

Maybe some day we'll have the chance to shoot together. Who knows, we might even get to shoot off with the big dogs. No matter the out come we can sit back and toast our good fortune that took us as far as it did. And in a couple of three months we can read T&F and see if it was reported correctly. Then we can sit back and smile, reflecting on our accomplishments.

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.