1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Separate political & OT Thread

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by LowRecoil, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LowRecoil

LowRecoil TS Member

Perhaps it is time to create parallel discussion sites; one for trap discussion, one for discussion of, and endorsements for motor oil, and one to accomodate the ever increasing political rant. All legitimate matters for discussion, but perhaps in different locations. First and Second Amendment rights would be served, and those of us who want to discuss trapshooting would save a great deal of time.

2. grammie

grammie TS Member

Jesus Christ:

Another one that thinks NO ONE else has thought of the same idea!!!! All those other sites are dead or soon to be!!!

If you don't want to discuss OIL,,,,then don't open the thread,,,,How simple is that????

AKA Grammie..........

3. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

WHY??? Everyone seems to get along fine here with all the things that happen to a Trapshooter. We don't just shoot trap! We all have lives and discuss our lives with each other. Check out the other sites that only allow "SHOOTING" ! Most of us try to post a thread that someone might be interested in reading. I admit, I've been fooled and opened a thread that was not what I expected. (hee hee sometimes I'm glad I did!) I got great replies to my new puppy! OMG ....Does that puppy need to be a Trapshooter to post here? Open the threads that interest you.....You might be surprised when you open some of the others! ;) We all have the love of shooting and the love of the great outdoors!

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I agree with MX-8B. I lurk around on other sites and it takes awhile to go to the catagory, sub, sub-sub, sub-sub-sub, etc.

To open TS and run right down the page...a couple minutes, nothing interesting, I'm gone.

Doug

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

I like it just fine Its a simple site to use. If you see OT then simply don't open it and waste your time.
    Rooferbob!

My 2

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I go to other sites and find so meny categorys it,s not worth the time to go back . Trapshooters.com has lived because it,s open to everything and every one .

KEYBEAR

7. southpark

southpark TS Member

I think MX8B, KEYBEAR, grammie, and I have been on this board for about seven or eight years.

In that time this sort of thing has come up time and time again, along with censoring "offensive" posts.

I agree that many sites die when alowed to run amock. For example, if this were a site about audio and video equipment, I would want things categorized and monitored.

You may have noticed however, that this site gets literally millions of hits despite its free-form nature.

Why?

Frankly, it may have to do with that fact that there just isn't enough to say about trapshooting to keep a board busy if that is all you are talking about.

There are a couple of other trapshooting boards out there that are pretty much just trapshooting -- have you tried them? Pretty boring if you ask me.

Every freaking month for eight years I've been reading the same discussions about 7 1/2s or 8s, how to change my POI, what gun is best, blah blah blah.

If you want this board limited to trapshooting here is all you need to do: spend a day using the search function and then you'll never have to visit this site again because you'll have read all there is to say on the subject of trapshooting.

I firmly believe folks come back to this site, often daily, because it is like a good club house. Only you can feel like your hanging out with other trapshooters while you are on your lunch break, or stuck inside while it is snowing outside.

For what must be the twentieth time, here are some tips:

If you don't want to read about subjects that don't concern trapshooting, do not open threads marked "OT."

If they are not marked OT, but say something like "hot fat chicks", "democrat traitors", "republican wussies", etc., DO NOT OPEN THEM.

If you are tricked into opening a thread you subsequently find stupid, off topic, offensive, or baiting, DO NOT RESPOND. The folks who write these posts are trolls.

They have nothing better to do. They are bored. Sometimes they are just bad people. They have nothing substantive to offer otherwise and are want attention like a petulant child.

If you give them attention, even if only to complain, then guess what? They will simply DO IT AGAIN!

Furthermore, please don't complain if folks don't use their real name. They may be worried about their job if the people they work with knew they played with guns, or new they were conservative, etc.

If you don't like that, ignore their posts. Better yet, judge a post by its content rather than the name attached. Listening to stupid bullsh!t because it came from someone you respect is known as the logical fallacy of "appeal to authority." It is just plain dumb. If you ignore wise counsel because it came from an anonymous stranger you are also a fool. And being prejudiced against people with fake names reminds me of not liking someone because they are the wrong colour. Frankly, you could probably ask someone to email you and they would reveal their real identity if you were a person of your word and promised not to post it here.

Hopefully you'll consider these thoughts, and our experience here over time, and just enjoy the crazy banter you'll get here. It appears there are plenty of appealing things here to both the high school drop out, the overeducated, and even the very well off, like the poster above who likes sexy female trapshooters, though I personally believe such creatures are chimeras.

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

To borrow a phrase from Shootlow.............I hate it when this happens!

Hauxfan!

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Southpark:

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Right answer. I don't see new trapshooting related forums springing up anywhere so I guess the wheel just doesn't need re-inventing quite yet.

HM

10. southpark

southpark TS Member

Right you are brother, those other forums are like ghost towns.

11. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

This is just like a club house. If you don`t like the subject, walk away.

Tom R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.