1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sent my rebate check back to Remington

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jdsfarms, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I recieved a rebate check from Remington today and as crazy as it seems after months of bantering back and forth with them about them losing my form and wanting me to send duplicates of receipts and upc labels that I don't have and just generally being pissed about the whole thing I put the check in an envelope and sent it back to them.Sounds crazy but the problem is I already got my rebate check from them on Monday and they sent me another one ;o) go figure.Jerry

2. quartering

quartering Active Member

i kept mine as they didn't send me duplicates. took exactly 60 days to get it

3. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Did you check the amounts? I got 2 checks, 1 for $20 and the other for $80. Nice move.

blade819

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The firm that Remington and other companies use to administer their reabte programs leaves a lot to be desired in the organizational department. I often buy 10 flats of shells and my son and I each submit a rebate form, receipts and UPC labels for a $100 rebate. Almost every time, one check will come a week or more after the other but I've always received them eventually.

Ed

5. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Sent my rebate in on June the 7th, called Remington a couple of times and was told , there is no record of it, and that it was lost, Oh well guess I'm out a $100.00.

Trap-4

6. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

I sent 10 Remington UPCs and the receipt in months ago. Last week I received a check for $26 (yes, twenty-six dollars). Later I sent in another 40 UPCs with the receipt, but they have no record of it. They asked me to resend it to them. Not sure how the hell anyone can do that. I know they changed rebate contractors mid-stream, but this $80 (or $74) is now lost. Next year it will be Winchester HCs for me...

Jon Reitz

7. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Don't give up keep after them they told me mine was lost too but finally relented and sent me a check,well two actually ;op.Jerry

8. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I happens. Herter's once sent me a check for a ton of 12 lb. kegs of Red Dot. Interesting thing was that the powder was picked-up based on C.O.D. and I already had been paid. Their $9,000+ check was returned to them, of course.

Powder was a mite cheaper in those days. Whatever did happen to Herter's?

9. NintyT

NintyT Member

I too sent mine in back in late June. Never got a thing! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice? Never! Steve j

10. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

If I remember right Herter's declared bankruptcy after opening couple of stores. Few years later I got a really scaled down catalog with mostly decoys. I am not sure if they still exist. Cabela's and Bass Pro filed the gap they left and then took it to the level that Herter's was trying to get to.

Jason

11. WBD

WBD Member

These programs are nothing but marketing garbage. Winchester and Remington and everyone else for that matter know full well that the sales program will generate XX in increased sales and result in a very low percentage of qualified filings. They go out of their way to kick out those who don't dot the i's and cross the t's... Why don't the manufacturers just put their shells they want to move on sale and do away with the Mickey Mouse rebate programs? Really? But 2-10 flats of shells, tear the cases apart and cut the UPC's off and mail them in... and have all rose shells in boxes cut to pieces... Nonsensical to anyone but the bozo's in accounting and marketing that create this BS.

W

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Winchester and Remington and everyone else for that matter know full well that the sales program will generate XX in increased sales and result in a very low percentage of qualified filings"

You mean it's a money making venture by the ammo companies?

I hate to use this technical word here but DUH!! I mean they are in it for the money. It's not their hobby.

13. porky

porky TS Member

I think Herter's was purchased by Cabelas(sp??)

14. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

They had long since gone out of business ( herter's) when cabelas bought the name and rights to market and sell the decoys. They quit making the decoys and sold them off to another company who sells the old stock on E-bay. Jeff

15. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

Sure hope Remington does not just say the heck with it to much troulbe they can just pay full price.Maybe they did not get some rebate forms. The post office has been know to loose mail before and lord knows I have never screwed up. Anyways I am glad mine came took 8 weeks and I really did not mind the wait. Remington probably had over twice as many forms than Federal or Winchester combined to handle.

Mark

16. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Got my rebate the same day I purchased shells, bought them at the shell house at the Grand, went to the Remington store and they handed me a crisp new $100.00 bill. Wifey did same. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

check my rebate remington

how to send in a remington rebate