1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Senior Trip Fundraiser--MAGAZINE SALE

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Seitz373, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hey guys,

I just started my senior year of high school. My school does a senior trip to New York City in April, and today we received our fundraising materials. We are selling magazine subscriptions at up to 85% off the cover price. I was just browsing and the first one I clicked was Golf Digest- normal price $115ish but it's available for $24 FOR 24 ISSUES. You can't beat these prices. 40% of the price of the magazine will go to the school for the Fundraiser.

All you have to do is go to the above website, and to the right is "Supporters." Just click shop now and enter my school code- 1091700- and you can browse the magazines. There is a huge selection for anybody. You can also renew a subscription- even if it hasn't expired yet.

It will ask for my name- Christopher Vendel. Also my teachers name, which is Lisa Marlowe, and my grade level is 12.

Anything will help. Thanks for your time

Chris

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

Good luck with it, Chris and have a great time in NY.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

3. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks Doug.

4. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I forgot to mention that the sale ends October 3rd

Chris

5. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

6. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

7. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

360 views and nobody wants a magazine?

8. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Chris I think over the years that many are magazined out from their own kids and grandkids. You would probably do better trying to do direct donations or work projects. Get a group of class mates and form a "Odd Job" company and do fall chores for residents in your community. Wash windows, rake leaves, put up storms, haul wood, wash cars, fall painting, clean out garages, clean eave troughs, shovel manure. Go to the local paper and tell them what you are doing and gets some free advertising. I think you would make a lot more than 40% on $15 but you would have to get off of the couch and do some physical labor. Not like people doing it for you by going to a web site.

Good Luck.

Don

10. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

0   0   0

Big Don is on it. It is nothing personal.

We all get beat up pretty good between our own families. Then you got kids friends and coworkers kids etc. etc.

11. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Don,

This is a school Fundraiser. All 200 kids in my class have to sell the
    magazines. You think I chose it? Also it is MANDATORY that I sell at least $100 worth of subscriptions, either in person or on line. I figured some people on here might buy some. It's not a matter of being lazy and sitting back making everyone do it "for me". Just trying to meet the requirements so maybe I can go, but obviously I'll have better luck here at the northeast grand..

Chris

12. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

0   0   0

Not with that ATTITUDE

13. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Don tried to give some constructive advice, and he was doing pretty well, but at the end he tacked on his usual insults, and, of course, that started the
    downward spiral. Chris doesn't know that's just Don's way and he does it to everybody. " HE JUST CAN'T HEPIT."

Chris, don't take it personally. He's really just a big, good natured, teddy bear. Go ahead and sell those magazine. It worked in 60 years ago when I did it, it probably still works now.

14. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Attitude? I'm being accused of being lazy, sitting on my couch and making everyone do my work...not the case.

And dick, yes I am familiar with dons posts on here. As soon as I saw the name I expected the insults.

Don, if you don't want a magazine don't buy one. Maybe some other people can 'do the work for me.' It must be a lot of work to click a website and shop online. Sounds like your the lazy one, but my squad is up soon so I'll get off my 'couch' and go shoot.

To anyone reading this, thanks for at least reading and seeing what my fundraisers about. If you don't want a magazine that's perfectly fine by me, and to anyone that did buy a subscription, thank you.

Christopher Vendel

15. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

0   0   0

Here is all I am saying my friend, change your tone and quickley your replys are not helping your cause son.Go about your business and take the high road no good can come out of this.
    Jim Z

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Chris I am so sorry I insulted your pricious little being. You come on here looking for charity and I give you an idea to raise more money then your magazines and I am the bad guy. You better toughen up if you are going to succeed in this world.

By the way I only insult those that deserve it and at this time you don't but keep flapping your lip and you might.

Don

17. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Don, obviously there's just some miscommunication if you will. The school will not accept any money besides what I sell In magazines. It's not an individual 'pay my way' kind of thing, but a class Fundraiser.

Chris

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Good luck with your fund raiser and have fun on your trip, I can still remember mine to NY and that was over 50 yrs ago. Enjoy your youth.

Don

19. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

A donation alternative would be easier for some people. I can't see overpaying for magazines just so the school can keep 40%. I always just asked before the selling started how much was expected to be earned per child and just wrote a check for both my boys. $40 straight out of pocket, which is all you say you need, would be much easier on most of us. Neither of mine ever sold anything in school.

I can get Golf Digest for two years for $10.50 (see linky) and could have donated $13.50 to the school. Much better than the $9.60 the school will get from QSP.

I know you're locked into this but how about suggesting for next year car washes as your profits would be closer to 80 - 90%.

Interestingly in Tennessee if your child does not participate in the sales the school has to pay their way. This applies to all school sponsored activities. No more singling out little Johnny who can't sell enough magazines or candy bars to go on the trip.

Best of luck to you.

Tim

20. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.