1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Senior Smoke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Rick:
    sad but true. over the years i have seen alot in trapshooting, especially at the waukesha gun club. something magical and special at this gun club. i have seen the sick, the lame and the lazy, walk into this club, and i have seen canes, no longer needed, wheel chairs placed on the side, etc. at one time waukesha was probably the best known gun club in the world. a big part of this was due to vic reinders often mentioned his club when he wrote artcles for trap & field magazine. shooters from all over the world have come to waukesha over the years. roy rogers and his horse trigger even came in the early 60's. roy was at state fair park with trigger, and one day, he came to the west end of the club, took trigger out of his trailer and gave the children rides. infact he purchased a browning over & under from one of our local gun club owners. i have personally witnessed 2 miracles at this club, both from the same shooter. durring the state shoot, a shooter named fran, ran a 99 in handicap. sources who know fran were asking if he saw 3 little girls and a burning bush near the trap house when he shot, because this man, as nice as he is, never shot anywhere near what he shot that day, and it happend twice. there is something special about this club, it has a calming affect on most people. if you are ever in the area, stop by and say hello and shoot a round.
    steve balistreri

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

SS is alright in my book!

Tron

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I always enjoy Smokes stories of Vic.

I remember him at the Grand 30 yrs. ago lumbering down the line with that well worn 31 and his OD shell carrier...I dont remember him as very personable, but I didnt know him well.

Keep em coming Smoke

Regards....Gerald

4. senior smoke

ladies man- i am still laughing, roy rogers had trigger were stuffed when he died. I was thinking to promote the waukesha gun club, that miracles do indeed hapopen their, we should have fran stuff when he reaches his demise. i compare the miracles what fran did at waukesha, to FATIMA.
    steve

Tron_ thanks buddy, as soon as i get on my feet, i will send you my gun for some work i want done. you sure do great work.
    stevewere

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed reading Smokes post

6. senior smoke

Bruce-that is nice of you to say that. i am going to start a new thread about some observations i've made about fellow trapshooters.
    take care,
    steve

7. senior smoke

trapboy1957- thanks for the kind words.
    steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.