1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SENIOR SMOKE IS BACK!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone:
    i need to tell everyone that reads my stories what happened to me on monday. I have been laying concrete with my son for about 1 week, to fix my driveway,terrible hard physical job. By 12 noon each day, i could hardly stand up straight, so i would take 2 I-b- prof-in? Can't spell worth a darn. By 5 pm when we would finish, i was ready for a strecther. I would than take 2 more of the above. I did this for a week. On monday morning, i am alone, my son is at work at his job, and all i had to DO is clean up because we finished sunday night. I felt good around 8am, then suddenly, i got extremely nausaues. I lied in bed, got up and took 2 more of those pills. I woke up around 4 hours later, and i was so nauseated that i took 2 more. I could hardly walk, i laid myself on my stomach on the living room floor. I passed out, when i awoke, i was in a pool of blood, looked like a murder scene. There was a pool of blood the size of a weber grill in circumference, carpet was extremely soaked. I tried to get up, honestly thought i was either stabbed or shot. I crawled over to the refrigerater, leaned up against it, and called 911. the refridge had blood streaming down top to bottom too. i then called my wife, who had a dr. appt that morning, and told her what happened. The emt's arrived, they called for back up, because i was to big for the gal and guy to handle. As they are wheeling me into the ambulance, i started heaving up blood like i have never seen. Neighbors came running out. In the rescue squad, i asked if i was dying, the gal said we are trying to prevent that. Found out later, that my bp was 60/40. supposely what happened, i had an ulcer, and the medication i was taking made me bleed very bad. I spent 2 days in intensive care, having a scope put down my throat into my stomach twice. I look like a drug addict with my hands, forearms, black and blue. I am now at home trying to recouperate. My son has recently moved out to his own home, and i gave him the computer, which is his, as well as his cell ph that he let me use sometimes. Once i get on my feet, i will get a computer, and
    possibly a cell ph. The computer i am on today, is my mothers, i am at her house today. I am physically and mentally exhausted. Once i feel better, i will restart my stories of shooting.

Take care,
    steve balistreri

2. don q

don q TS Member

Damn that's a terrible story, please take care of yourself, we can't lose you. don q

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Steve, I am relieved that you are doing better. I know that it must have been a scary experience. We had missed you and didn't know what was going on at first. I have thoroughly enjoyed your writings and look forward to reading more of them. One of your stories reminded me of something that happened to my oldest son. My oldest son(17yrs old) decided he was old enough to drink and had gone to a graduation party. When he came home he couldn't get in as all the doors were locked and he was scared to wake me and he decided to climb in to the back of my pickup to sleep. He got diarrea during the night and crapped all over himself. I got up to go to work and found him in the back of my truck. I got a garden hose and sprayed him down but wouldn't let him go inside till he had washed out the back of my truck and then had my youngest son to hand him out some clean clothes. That pretty much wound up his drinking escapades. Jackie B.

4. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

glad you came back alive , smoke. We thought it was Luthur's cooking , was the rumor.

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Those derned ulcers can be very dangerous if the wrong pain killers are used. Sorry to hear about the big problem but it actually could be a blessing. At least now you are on your way to healing something that was a serious problem and it had been put off. Get good rest and heal back up. Dan

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Get better Smoke. We need your enlightenment

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen Sodium, and most other NSaids are the worst thing you can take with an ulcer. I'd still suspect Luther had a hand in it. He must have read some of the stories you were telling about him.

Feel better!

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

That Steve. Always the drama king. Always the stage, the center of attention. I think you maybe better tone it down Stephen. You might not survive the next "big show". Get well soon. wireguy

9. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Good to hear you're on the mend Steve. Take care of yourself, hopefully you've got it all behind you. You are dealing with serious problems, the stories can wait. GOD bless and good luck, Bob

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

You're a lucky man. Take care and hope you're 100% soon. Rich

11. shrek

shrek Active Member

get well soon!!!!

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Holy Moly, Steve -- that's a rough few days, right there! Frightening too -- I mean, seeing a lot of your own blood on the outside of the ol' body can be a tad bit disturbing! In any case, hang tough and take care of yourself. I'm glad you're back and getting well. I enjoy your posts.

-Gary

13. gotbass

gotbass Member

Steve - Plenty of time for stories later, right now our prayers are with you and you need to lay up and heal up. Mike

14. Mapper

Mapper Member

Ulcers are pretty successfully cured if you do as they tell you.
    As someone above said, NSAIDS are not your friend. Good luck!

15. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Similar experience, I collapsed in the Alfalfa and crawled to the house (1/4 mile). I couldn't quite make it to the house but got to the workshop and called my wife. I told her I was having a heart attack and needed to get to the hospital. She didn't believe me at first, but finally got up (0600) and helped me in the rig and took me to Hermiston Or., about 40 miles away. When we got there they immediately hooked me up to saline solution. Pulse 185 and BP 50/35. I had damn near run out of blood. In two days they gave me 6 pints of blood. No more alcohol, coffee, or spicy foods. I had 5 ulcers in my stomach, but fortunately for me they healed up. Can drink coffee now and beer. Stress and motrin don't mix. Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.