1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Senior Health Care Solution

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by recurvyarcher, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

According to Maxine (the old cartoon lady with the sour face)-

So you're a sick senior citizen and the government says there is no nursing home available for you - what do you do?

Our plan gives anyone 65 years or older a gun and 4 bullets. You are allowed to shoot 4 politicians - not necessarily dead!

Of course, theis means you will be sent to prison where you will get 3 meals a day, a roof over your head, central heating, and all the health care you need! New hip, knees, kidney, lungs, heart? All covered. (And your kids can come and visit you as often as they do now).

And who will be paying for all of this? The same government that just told you that they cannot afford for you to go into a home.

Plus, because you are a prisoner, you don't have to pay any income taxes anymore.

IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT?

2. recurvyarcher

3. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Yah, "butt", there is always "Bubba" to contend with.

Rick in Sunny Mt.

4. recurvyarcher

Sex...Another perk. LOL!

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

he he...... shouldn't that be "Bubbette" ?

Doug

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I worked with a guy, whose relative kinda did that, he needed heart surgery, couldn't qualify for Medicaid of any other gummit hand out and couldn't get insurance because of his heart condition, so he robbed a convenience store, and while he was waiting trial he got the heart surgery, and then he was put on probation

Kind dumb, but I guess if that's your options whatcha gonna do

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

A Dr. Kervorkian type law is definitely needed. There should be a cut off of major services after a certain age.

It could be named the Ice Flow Clause....let all the old and infirmed walk off into Valhalla hand in hand...

Maybe a military type draft in reverse? Certainly would be a reprieve for Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security and it would be a fiscal boon to the funeral/mortuary businesses throughout this country.

Curt

8. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

The only problem this country has is D.C. and Big business who are stealing all the Pork and giving the extra to illegals for votes. they are so deep into each others pockets it's hard to recognize whose- who? The Attorney General could put everyone in D.C. behind Bars if he had the Balls to go after them.

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Curt, wait until you're that age, bet you mind will change

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Cat...

I am that age...I wrote with sarcasm......

Curt

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Isn't that what everyone is afraid of in Obama's Health Care Bill??? Heard plenty of criticism of nearly the same thing right here on ts.com.

12. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

I teach night classes for a local community college. A few years back, I was approached by the head of the college C.O.P.E. (College Opportunity Prison Extension)program to teach classes in one of the many prisons in my area. Because the pay was so good (need trapshooting money) I agreed. Many of the prisoners earned college degrees. Their cost for college?.... zero.
    Food for thought for you guys paying tuition and room and board for your kids.

13. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Years ago in NJ,a guy throws a rock thru a sore window,sits down waits for the cops & is arrested. When he faces the Judge, the Judge lets him go. He said, "my teeth are killing me, my business is kaput, I need a place to stay--how about 18 months, your honor"

Phil Berkowitz

14. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

tarhawk:

Here's the practical argument in favor of college for convicts...

There is a very STRONG inverse relationship between education level and criminal conduct. The lower one's education level, the more likely he/she is to commit a first crime. The reverse is also true. The more education a convict gets (inside or outside), the less likely he/she is to reoffend.

The irritating reality is this: society's least cost option is to educate every "guest of the state" that has adequate brains and motivation to complete courses. The choice is simple - we educate and turn at least some of them into productive taxpaying non-offenders or... we run them thru the court system time and again and pay to incarcerate them year after year after year.

However, the issue is much wider than college courses. The largest school district in my state is run by the Dept. of Corrections. All of its' students are in the pen. Most operate at less than a fifth grade level which is the definition of functionally illiterate. Very few completed high school. The more remedial education society can pump into them, the more likely they are to stay out of trouble.

I truly believe in second chances and redemption but some convicts are beyond help. For example, there is a significant and growing number of convicts severely brain damaged by drugs. Sociopaths, career predators, and clinically insane violent offenders are a different subject as well. Society needs to thump members of those groups in the head and be done with it.

sissy

15. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

Sissy:

I share your viewpoint completely. One could mount very strong arguements for either side of this issue.

Many inmates completed their degree requirements, got paroled, and because of relationships the college has with businesses in the state, got placement assistance and now have good jobs.

As you say above, the educational background of inmates is as about as diverse as you can get. Many inmates are educationally "challenged" while some could, in my opinion, graduate from any university in the country with straight "A"'s
    This makes teaching difficult as I try my best to relate to my audience.

One could also make the arguement considering the inmates background and family life, that when the inmate was eighteen and robbed the local 7/11, sold drugs to an undercover policeman, or stole a car (maybe yours) it was the best thing they could have done for themselves.

16. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Curvy, Even if there was a vaccine you could not get most the people to take it. If they did how would they elect the people they do? Oh ya you remembered the sour face but forgot the saggy boobs! LOL, Bill

17. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I heard a solution to this problem.

Take up residency on a cruise ship or ships!!!

1. Rate is cheaper than a nursing home and the care is better.

2. Have free a doctor and medical care on board.

3. Private room and free meals.

4. Maid service, great care from all the staff.

5. Lots of travel and places to visit.

6. You can rent your home and have even more spending cash, and with your pension and S/S you will come out ahead.

7. Choose your cruise and plan for the next one when before it is over.

Really a 12 night cruise is available for under $700.00 that's about $58.00 a day.

And with the Somalia tour you get issued your own M16 or Law rocket.

Rock

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.