1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sending a gun to FFL question need advice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jeffprigge, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

realy not a infrigement , they need your info to do transfer , but then again I would make sure who I was sending my info to also . just in case you never know these days its worth a phone call to this person . .02

2. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

The dealer is required by law, federal, to document where and from whom a gun was received. We require, for IL residents, their FOID number, from out of staters, a DL or a license from the shipping dealer. It is not intrusive, just the law.

BTW, we often get guns in by UPS which have no information at all with them. Someone bought them online, had them sent to us and we have to wait for that person to show up, then irritate them by insisting they provide us with contact information and so on.

The gun has to be logged in and the records maintained for ten years. We get a call about once a week to trace something we sold years ago. Not fun.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Some states require a drivers license

4. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

There are sites online where you can verify that the FFL is valid. Check it before sending ID. I think you can find this info on the Gunbrokers site.

As stated by others: You must provide proof positive of your ID. Fed Regs.

Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.