1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Senator George McGovern

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Recoil Sissy, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Ninty year old George McGovern, retired South Dakota senator and unsuccessful Democrat presidential candidate, recently entered hospice care suffering from multiple medical issues.

Numerous news sources are quoting family members saying this exemplar of modern American liberalism is no longer "responsive". Apparently, his end is near.

sissy

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    He was brain dead in congress too.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well, he seemed like a nice enough guy, despite his ideological leanings. He was just too honest about it.

If he'd only acted like modern Democratic candidates, and disguised his true beliefs in an outer layer of feigned respect for the free market - thin enough to keep liberals happy, but thick enough to fool frito-munching Independents - who knows where he could have ended up?

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

McGovern was the nominee of the Dems in 1972. He was an ultra left wing nut job back then. Everyone was to be guarnteed a certain amount of income, gay rights, etc... I remeber back in 72 hearing the term "gay rights". I had no idea what the hell they were talking about then. Had to ask somebody what "gay rights" meant, as I had never heard the term. I think 72 was the year the loonies first started gaining control of the Democrat party.

McGovern was a bomber pilot back in WWII who flew a lot of missions over Europe.

After McGovern left the senate he went back and started a business. Then he seen the results of big government, massive regulations, and he became more conservative. George McGovern today would be too conservative for the Democrap party of today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.